Update on Transfer Flow tank

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I had the 56 gallon mid-ship tank installed on Jan. 27, but after adding fuel and driving around for a few days, I found the analog fuel gage was not responding correctly. By watching the DIC Fuel Used indicator, I could see the gage was off by about 1/4 of a tank, reading higher than it should. I contacted both the installer, Gas Tank Renu and Transfer Flow about it. The installer had me return so he could take a look at the ground wire, but it was fine. So he said he thought it might be the replacement float wire (part of the install) and would contact TF for a replacement. But since I had a lot of fuel in the tank, I would need to use it before he could drop the tank safely. I also e-mailed Brad at TF about it and he agreed it could be the wire and would send one out ASAP. During this time, there were a couple of instances where it appeared to read correctly on start up, but went off again the next time I fired it up. And twice, it dropped to Empty and the Low Fuel Warning came on, even though I knew there was almost a 1/2 tank left.

I got the truck back in the shop last night so they could work on it today (let the snow/ice melt off). It seems the wire was bent incorrectly, possibly damaged in shipping, and was dragging on the inside of the tank. The gage is now reading correctly.

It's always good when you can get a problem solved without a lot of hassle and angst. And you get the impression that the parties want to make it right for you.

But, with the rise in diesel, I realize I don't need to read the fuel gage. I've taped my credit card over it and just watch the numbers melt off.:rolleyes:

truknutt

Committed Member
...with the rise in diesel, I realize I don't need to read the fuel gage. I've taped my credit card over it and just watch the numbers melt off.:rolleyes:

Now that, I can relate to!!! Glad to hear TF stands behind the sale, after the sale.