We'll miss you Lucy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Today our almost 12 yr old Corgi went to the Rainbow Bridge. Those of you who have met us probably remember our "industrial sized" Corgi, Lucy. She never met a person she didn't like, or a cookie either. Every time we go through this with one of our dogs, we have to try hard to remember why we keep getting more. It's worth it, but it is so hard in the moment.

Thanks for setting up this special part of the forum for those of us who choose to love animals to express our grief.

jbeletti

Hi Mark and Kristy,

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend Lucy. While I never met Lucy, I'm sure she was a best friend and gave you both unconditional love. You can't beat it.

Jim

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We are so sorry to hear about Lucy. I know how tough it is for us to lose a four-legged pal and I am sure it is no easier for you. Best Wishes Always!

2010augusta

Mark and Kristy,

So sorry to hear of your loss. Molly, Baxter, Sandy an I all enjoyed meeting her in OR last year.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Lucy. I know exactly what you mean. It hurts and yet somehow those wonderful little (or big) creatures bring so very much into our lives and we just can not imagine a life without a critter.

jdfishing

So sorry to hear about the loss of your true friend Kristy. I know of the sadness, but the fond memories also. John & Deb

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks everyone. Lucy was the best behaved dog we've ever had and the perfect camper. She loved everyone and always wanted to please. She was so happy and affectionate! Kids were licked and babies tickled by her whiskers. Before Lucy got really sick this last time, we put a deposit on a German Shepherd puppy, hoping Lucy would teach the puppy some good doggie manners, like she has done with two other puppies. Unfortunately that won't happen, but the new puppy will have a loving home and lots of camping time to learn to be a friendly, affectionate, well mannered dog.

It's hard to be really excited about a new puppy right now, but I'm sure we will be when we go to get it during spring break. We are taking the trailer to Long Beach, WA so the puppy comes home in it's home away from home right from the start.

Kristy

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Mark and Kristy,
Very sad to hear about Lucy going on to the the Rainbow Bridge. They become family members so fast and it is hard to say goodbye to them. Maybe Lucy has found Pepper who we lost last month after 16 years. Maybe they are playing together.
Keep your memories alive of her.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Sorry to hear about Pepper. I'm sure there is lots of playing going on while they wait for us to get there.

Kristy

Paul & Nan

Paul and I, and Jake and Rocky the Bichons, extend our sympathy. We have lost beloved fur kids, so we understand your sorrow. The Rainbow Bridge will be a most happy place one day. Hugs Nan and Paul

reverts

Mark & Kristy,

Rich & I and Shasta are so sorry to hear about Lucy, we know what its like to lose one of your fur babies. We enjoyed meeting her a few times last year and we look forward to meeting your new fur baby in June. Our hearts go out to you. Take care.

Rich, Robin & Shasta

SilverRhino

Sorry to hear of your loss. We lost our oldest Beagles, "Abby" just over a year ago. While working on the computer this morning, our 2 1/2 yr old grandson was watching the photos that scroll in the screen saver mode. A picture of "Abby"came up....the little guy broke into a big grin and said "Abby my buddy"

This was a special moment for both of us.....My Grandson was with me and petting "Abby" when she was put down.......Obviouly she is still very much with us!!

Best of Luck..

Travel Safe!

bluebirdsnfur

I am so sorry you lost your little buddy. They give us so much love and happines and that is why we bring home more. I have a 14 year old Italian Greyhound that probably won't be around much longer and I hate the thought of going thru what you guys are. But I do have two other little furballs that will help ease the pain. I think getting another puppy is a very good idea as you will begin to devote all your love and attention to her.

Take care,

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Its already helping. We haven't had a dog this bi in a long time so we have to get all new stuff. This one will be in the house a lot while the other big dog we had wasn't so, even more new stuff. Research dog foods, vaccination schedules, training styles and facilities, planning the trip to go get her.... It all helps. New puppy won't replace Lucy in our hearts, just like other dogs haven't replaced Abby, or Pepper or any other one we've lost, but it gives us new furry being to love and take care of.

Thanks everyone,
Kristy