Stereo Problem

Rrloren

Several times on our recent trip down to Fl. when we stopped for a break the stereo system was turned on. Sometimes to turn it off I had to hold in the on/off button. Parked the unit at home Tues. and went out this AM to get something and the thing is on again! This time I used the battery disconnect so it won't go on again , I hope.
What could be wrong? Faulty ground? If so where can I look to correct. I stopped at the Dealer on the way home but we are out of warranty so I prefer to try to fix it myself.

MC9

At home sometimes when the battery is low in the remote it turns on and off. Check your remote, couldn't hurt.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Several times on our recent trip down to Fl. when we stopped for a break the stereo system was turned on. Sometimes to turn it off I had to hold in the on/off button. Parked the unit at home Tues. and went out this AM to get something and the thing is on again! This time I used the battery disconnect so it won't go on again , I hope.
What could be wrong? Faulty ground? If so where can I look to correct. I stopped at the Dealer on the way home but we are out of warranty so I prefer to try to fix it myself.

Somewheres in annother thread someone else had the same problem. I think they found out that the radio had an alarm on it that had to be shut off.
//heartlandowners.org/archive/index.php/t-10132.html

//heartlandowners.org/archive/index.php/t-8899.html
here is a couple of the threads.

Rrloren

Thanks, will check to see if I somehow set the alarm , frankly didn't know there was an alarm to set.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Richard, I did the same thing when we had our Sundance. Set the alarm without realizing it. Bet that's it.