Loose pantry

beaverfan

Oregonian
I have a 2009 Landmark Augusta. The vertical pantry cabinet that sits on the kitchen cabinet is loose in that it will tip slightly from the top when you pull to open the cabinet door. It is getting worse. Cabinet has a false back to allow for a vent pipe. I tried putting a screw through the crown moulding into the wall but there was nothing in the wall but foam insulation. Any suggestion on how to secure this pantry to the wall?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Try a butterfly toggle bolt. You can get them at any Lowes or Home Depot. They go thru a hole then pop open on the inside of the wall.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I move your thread into a more appropriate place. It will show an expiring redirect at the origional place for one week. Anyone that looked at it will still find it.
It is now in Landmark-Interior.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Someone else posted a similar problem some time ago. Unfortunately, I could not find the thread doing a search. At one point, I think Alan (2010Augusta) posted some photos of his similar cabinet with the side panels removed trying to help the individual. If memory serves (that's a stretch on good day), there is a framing member behind the wall that the cabinet is supposed to be anchored to.