shelf over bed

herefishy

While studying on a way to attach a small shelf for glasses, kleenex, etc, over the bed, it occurred to me that you might be able to use the top of the valance for this purpose. Has anyone ever tried that, or have another solution for me to attach a little shelf(I have the shelf), without putting screws through the side?

Buford445

I'm going to Steal a Idea I seen on here and buy a piece of Oak 3/4 x 4 or 6" and screw it to the top of the head board between the up rites

06Horn3055_15.JPG

porthole

Retired
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=93542&viewfull=1#post93542

and

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=99922&viewfull=1#post99922

If I was to do it again (and I may) I would make the vertical supports wider to match the vertical on the headboard

herefishy

Very nice, Buford, but would have to remove and re-do our headboard, and it's not quite right for this sort of platform.

herefishy

Wow, one of those wow moments - DH says why don't you just attach it to the headboard? Brilliant! Not on top, but right into it.

Buford445

I don't plan on removing the head board just screwing it down to the top

The post's above are the ones I got the Idea from

herefishy

Forgot to mention the reason I couldn't just screw a shelf into the headboard from the top is that it is curved, that was the big problem. Looks like there is plenty of thickness to attach it from the front of the hb.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
This is how I did ours. I cut the top of the posts off and glued and screwed the shelf I made to them.

Attachments

• trailer mods 039 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 039 (Large).jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 235
  • trailer mods 040 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 040 (Large).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 186
  • trailer mods 041 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 041 (Large).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 185

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Thanks, it works great for the TV remotes water bottles and stuff. Pat put some rubber shelf stuff on the shelf and nothing moves while in transit. Pats deal is...she goes and gets the stuff...brings it home and says......."now you figure it out and make it work". Then the fight starts..........cause the Steelers are playing. It's alway during football season.......NEVER during baseball season.