Poor quality control on tv cable connections

rick_debbie_gallant

Only had to replace connectors on entertainment center connection.

Attachments

• IMG_1387.JPG
    IMG_1387.JPG
    630.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1388.JPG
    IMG_1388.JPG
    655.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

ultrafarmer

Re: Poor quality control on tv cable conntections

My Cyclone was the same way, they need to fire the knuckle head that is putting those ends on the coax cable's. I took all ends off and put on new, most just fell off.

jbeletti

Rick,

I just checked mine and they are good. Built in January of this year. Please email me with your friend's VIN, name and phone number. I have passed this back to the plant but they may want to pull records to see who was on the line when this unit went down.

Thank you,

Jim

archbarb

When we had out NT 26RKS prior to our BC 3250TS, we could not pick up clear channels. After removing the cover plates in the front and bedroom area the coaxial connections looked like the pictures in the above post. They came off when I pulled on them!!!!! Once I properly installed the connectors, the picture was great.

Archie

SilverRhino

I had problems with the number of channels we could receive in the bedroom of our BC, when we purchased it. When I removed the cable connection plate in the bedroom, the connection looked good, but was not making proper contact. I redid the connection and then had no more issues.

None of my connections appeared to be as some mentioned here, but I did check them all and only had to re-do two of them.

rick_debbie_gallant

Jim,
His Unit was built in the past two weeks! We may tackle the utility room and the connections locket down there.
Thank you Jim!

FARMER45

Our bh 3585 rl was build jan 19 and 20th, we left 4 days later on our first trip 400 miles from dealer the tv did not work off air. Or sat. I ran a wire between slide and wall to get sat. Never did get off air antenna to work after week long trip i took it to dealer it took him all day to fit all the little things that should have never left the factory. It haD bad cable connections and shorts in wire
in bedroom we have two windows with matching valance and curtains. On third window the valance matches the living room but has no curtain
foot of bed seperated from bed frame the third time slide was put out. When i got home from getting a long list of things fixed, after our first trip part of the trim around the celing had came loose and fell down and some of the carpet staples have come out around the kitchen slide
so far we have worked on it more than we have used it

jbeletti

Analysis at the plant shows failure in two areas on this Landmark Rushmore TV wall-plate:
- Improper tooling used to craft coaxial cable connectors
- Poor mounting location chosen for plate

Actions being taken on the line as of this morning:
- Ensure proper tooling is used
- A new mounting location is being used for the plate to ensure TV does not snag cables at the plate as it travels up and down on the electric mount

Rick - thanks again for bringing this matter to our attention.

Jim

Cimriver

Jim, thanks for looking into this. I found the same issue on my Elkridge built about a year ago. I replaced every connector I could find. I also have pictures I could forward to you if you like. On mine they used a crimp tool, but looks like not such a good one.

We love our Elkridge, but this was one area that Heartland let us down on. It's good to see you and Heartland take such quick action to resolve this issue.

porthole

Retired

Mine were all the same too.
Unless the plant steps up to a quality connector and the proper crimper they will continue to look the same.

Crimper
http://www.amazon.com/IDEAL-CRIMPER-FORRG-59-CABLE-Automation/dp/B004KNC9GQ

For DIY's
http://www.idealindustries.com/media/pdfs/products/guides/f-connector_installation_guide.pdf

The newer style compression connectors and tools are an even better option, especially since you can get moisture resistant or waterproof connectors (good for RV use).
http://idealindustries.com/media/img/whatsnew/press_releases/omniseal_pro_print.jpg

http://www.idealindustries.com/media/pdfs/products/instructions/nd-5263-1_30-633_instructions.pdf
http://www.idealindustries.com/media/pdfs/products/instructions/30-603_instructions.pdf

All available at HD or Lowes

rick_debbie_gallant

As a follow up: the connections in the utility room looked good. However things are miss labeled in the UDC. got it all figured out and things work well.