Chair fell apart

We picked up our new Landmark Rushmore on Friday. A day later someone sat on one of the table chairs and it literally fell apart. We're also having problems with the tv/satellite connection. We expected a few problems but these are very disappointing.

jbeletti

Gary and Karen,

The chair - was it one of the folding chairs? Reason I ask is that I had the same thing happen where the screws pulled out of the piano hinge where the rear of the seat attached to the back frame member. The cause of the failure is the length of the screws used. I reassembled it using longer screws - twice as long! I took pictures, sent them to the plant. Purchasing got with our supplier who got with the manufacturer and they reviewed it. They got back with us to let us know they have begun to use longer screws - thus taking care of the issue going forward.

Whatever chair it was and whatever the issue, please contact our customer service department to discuss the matter with them - same with the satellite issue. The number is 877-262-8032.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Gary, I'm not sure of your mechanical abilities with coax connectors and testing but maybe Camper Clinic in Rockport may be able to help. Also, Heartland may authorize a mobile technician to get it resolved. Too bad it wasn't resolved at your pdi. If you want, shoot me an e-mail with specifics on the sat deal or call me, maybe I can help.

Gary says we found two connectors that were not working and then the satellite connection to the living room was labeled bedroom. Got it working fine now. Rick Galant did most of the work - more mechanical ability than Gary has LOL.

jbeletti

Gary/Karen,

I sent you an email. Not sure what you have done thus far on your failed chair, but please follow through by sending pics, contact info and VIN to service@heartlandrvs.com so they can see what you have and work with you on resolution.

Jim

bobsue2

Last weekend I noticed on one of our table chairs that the miter joints are coming apart (this not the folding chair) this isn't a big deal to fix and the unit's still under warranty but its a PIA to have to fool around with something like this on a brand new trailer.

Also our bedroom door won't stay shut...dealer supposedly fixed it but it still pops open....guess I'll have to take care of that too......

danemayer

Also our bedroom door won't stay shut...dealer supposedly fixed it but it still pops open....guess I'll have to take care of that too....
bobsue2,

I had this problem intermittently depending on how the unit was leveled. I went to Home Depot and bought a striker plate with a larger opening. 2 minutes to install it and the door now latches all the time.

guyc66

bobsue2,

I had this problem intermittently depending on how the unit was leveled. I went to Home Depot and bought a striker plate with a larger opening. 2 minutes to install it and the door now latches all the time.

I followed your advice about replacing the striker plate with a larger one from Home Depot and fixed mine today - works great now.......thanks!

Guy

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim, our folding chair came apart the same way. Did you just use longer screws or did you also use fatter ones? I am heading to the hardware store tomorrow. We also lost a push nut for the little doors on the power cord reel door.

Gary and Karen,

The chair - was it one of the folding chairs? Reason I ask is that I had the same thing happen where the screws pulled out of the piano hinge where the rear of the seat attached to the back frame member. The cause of the failure is the length of the screws used. I reassembled it using longer screws - twice as long! I took pictures, sent them to the plant. Purchasing got with our supplier who got with the manufacturer and they reviewed it. They got back with us to let us know they have begun to use longer screws - thus taking care of the issue going forward.

Whatever chair it was and whatever the issue, please contact our customer service department to discuss the matter with them - same with the satellite issue. The number is 877-262-8032.

Jim