Getting a 3250TS ..Yipee

After much research, we have put a deposit on a 2011 3250. We will get to see it next weekend.
This weekend we just got our chevy 2500 for our unit. We have been reading all the posts about what hitch to buy. It seems like everyone likes the hitch that they have. With that in mind are there hitches that we should steer clear of?
We are planning to go to the Fl. Rally in a few weeks. We won't have our set up yet but hopr to meet a lot of fun folks and get a few tips along the way.
Looking forward to hitting the road!
Steven & Ann

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Steven & Ann, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. The 3250 Big Country seems to be a very popular model. Enjoy the new rig.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hello and Welcome!

Congratulations on the new rig. You will really like the 3250 Big Country. We are very happy with our 3450! They are very nice campers!

As far as hitches...I don't think I have ever read anything bad about any hitch regardless of brand. I like our Hijacker simply because it is a "bar type" rather than jaw. Strictly a personal preference!

Best Wishes!

Last edited:

jnbhobe

I never liked the cheep reese 15K it only has a straight locking bar. I want something that wraps around the pin.

Speedy

Steven & Ann, congrats on your new rig. If you decide to go with a double jaw or wrap around jaw look into the Curt Q5 20K. That's what my DW and I went with for design, flexibility, and cost. We found a great deal online which more than covered having it installed at a local hitch shop. Keep reading and researching.

Congratulations on your new rig! We purchased our first fifth wheel, the 3250ts in Dec. and we are now on our shakedown trip. Our departure was delayed because of ice and snow storms up our way in PA. We really love this trailer. Everything is working just fine. It is so spacious and homey. Our cat Gracie seems to like it too. We pull our rig with a 2500 Ford diesel. All we can say is you will love this trailer.

gasman

Camp Socializer
We really like our Curt 20k. The nice thing about the Big Country is even if you have a shortbed truck you won't need to buy a slider hitch.