183 Mattress Replacement

NMMPG

I am looking at MPGs in Albuquerque, NM and noticed that the mattress in the bunk beds look relatively uncomfortable. Has anyone upgraded to a higher quality mattress?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am looking at MPGs in Albuquerque, NM and noticed that the mattress in the bunk beds look relatively uncomfortable. Has anyone upgraded to a higher quality mattress?

I have ordered a memory foam king from this place to replace the king that came in my BH3670. I Haven't received it yet, so I can't recommend for sure. I had a Tempurpedic cal king at my home. (which is currently in storage, doesn't fit in the trailer), I wanted something better for the trailer than the one that came in it.
It's too mushy.
They have a lot of "RV" size mattresses. http://www.plushbeds.com/deluxe-foam-rv-mattress-p-101.html

NMMPG

I have ordered a memory foam king from this place to replace the king that came in my BH3670. I Haven't received it yet, so I can't recommend for sure. I had a Tempurpedic cal king at my home. (which is currently in storage, doesn't fit in the trailer), I wanted something better for the trailer than the one that came in it.
It's too mushy.
They have a lot of "RV" size mattresses. http://www.plushbeds.com/deluxe-foam...ess-p-101.html

Thank you for the link. I didn't see a pad or mattress that would fit one of the bunk beds, but I will research it some more.

Last edited:
We purchased a new queen mattress for our 5th wheel and put it in today and made the bed. Can hardly wait to try it out tomorrow when we arrive in Patterson, CA, our first outing of the year. We've had the 5th wheel since last June and had three different pads on it but you could still feel springs. Our previous trailer had a better quality bed. This mattress was made locally. It was 60 x 80 and they cut off 2" for the length. It's 10" thick instead of 5" like the mattress that came with the trailer. It cost us apx $300. What a deal!

camr

If you do a search for posts about mattresses, I will bet over 80% will include the words "memory foam" in the body of the post. It is my guess that Heartland got a special deal on mattresses when Siberian work camps were shut down. Seriously though, in the ultra light RV lines, most manufacturers are placing the priority on weight reduction, so thinner foam mattresses make sense. Not to your back, but to the manufacturer. We also went the memory foam route on the queen mattress in our Edge. Check the the thickness and quality of the memory foam carefully. We found a big difference between the WallyWorld memory foam and the Costco type mentioned above.

camr

WallyWorld had a couple of types. The lowest cost one could not even be described as "memory" foam, but just foam... with memory as good as mine. The second one was far to thin. I am sure that their stock will change from month to month. If I were purchasing again, I would save time and go to Costco

EBenoit

We have a 183 and have spent 7 nights in the camper. I sleep in bunk and wife in the front. The bed has been fine in my opinion.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Update on our new "Plushbed" memory foam mattress.(From earlier post) I would recommend it for anyone who likes a memory foam mattress. We got the deluxe 8".
It cost $720 for a King, which is a fraction of what I paid for the Tempurpedic I currently have in storage from my house. I was pleasantly surprised how good it is for the money. 300% better than the "foam topper" king that came with the BH.

http://www.plushbeds.com/?cPath=11