Picking up our new 2007 Bighorn 3055RL

rmsnider

We bought a 2007 Bighorn 3055RL (Patina, Euro Chairs, vac, wash/dryer, etc.) from John at Lakeshore RV early this year and will pick it up in April.

I am looking for anyone with advice on what we should pay particular attention to in terms of problems when we go through the PDI. Also, we would like some guidance on how much time we should plan for the PDI and hitch installation ('06 RAM 2500 CTD 5.9L, short bed 4 door, 2X4).

We researched fifth wheels like mad for over a year and decided on the 3055 as the best choice for floorplan, construction, cost/benefit and livability. Can't wait to get on the road as I retire the end of this month....

Cheers,
Mike and Mary Ellen Snider
Napa, CA
Thanks

dennylm

Congratulations Mike and Mary Ellen!!!

We are also waiting on our 3055 from RV's-for-Less in Knoxville. Unfortunately, we had to reschedule its place in the build queue due to my wife's retirement struggles and it should be ready somewhere around the middle of April too.

If you do a search for "PDI" on this forum, and on rv.net's forum you'll find some good PDI checklists to use as guides.

We also did extensive reasearch for quite a long time before settling on the 3055. We share your excitement!!!

Denny and Teri Mitchell

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
Concerning the hitch installation, I can tell you thatButch at RVs for Less had ours installed off-site. It only took a couple of hours. We were doing our PDI during that time.

jpmorgan37

Mike and Mary Ellen;

Congratulations on getting your new 3055. I sent you a PDI checklist by e-mail and just wondered if you received it. Check your blocklist and your junk mail folder if you didn't.

John

randes

Mike and Mary Ellen,

Congratulations !!! We are also supposed to pick up our 3055 RL around the first week of April at Lakeshore RV. Perhaps we will see you there. We both retired at the end of January and like you folks can't wait to get on the road as well.

Roy, Sarah & Maggie

DennisZ

Congrats to both Mike and Randy on the new 3055RL. I also bought mine from John at Lakeshore, he was really great to deal with. I had my unit delivered with a promise from John to due a thorough walkthru on my behalf, and all I can say is he must have done a great job, because I have had very few items that needed my attention. The only major thing I need to fix is to upgrade the water tank supports to get more water out.

Best of luck on your retirements, I still have about 3 years, and 3 weeks to go, but who's counting!:D