Some Idiot

Cimriver

Some idiot that will remain unknown, hooked up the battery backwards when I went over to pick up the RV from the storage lot this weekend. Seems that the converter that Heartland installs on the Elkridge 34QSRL has fused protection in case some unnamed idiot hooks the battery up backwards.

For those of you that haven't discovered it yet, the converter is behind the basement wall. It requires 2 40 AMP ATC fuses. I discovered those fuses aren't the easiest to find. I went to two auto parts stores before I finally found them at Radio Shack.

I now have a spare set aboard the Elkridge in case some idiot strikes again!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think your idiot is the only one here that has done that....they all remain unnamed.....but at least they learn and get smarter.

Peace
Dave

Duramax1

When a friend of mine hooked his battery up backwards, in addition to blowing the fuse on the converter, it also blew a fuse in his entertainment center.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's worse when the unknown idiot starts signing checks with your name. But the size and number of fuses on the converter is dependent on which model it is. Mine has three, but I don't recall the amperage. Something to check next time at the rig.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I know an idiot that was topping up his batteries and much to his dismay discovered he had grabbed a bottle of Distilled Vinegar instead of Distilled water. Managed to get to a battery place that drained and refilled the battery but it didn't last long after that..../Doug