Cable TV wiring - splitter

mdw1003

Can anyone tell me where the cable TV/anntenna splitter is located in a Big Horn 3610RE is located? All of my TV's are snowy so I susupect a bad splitter or bad connections.

Mike Wodyard

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mike, if all TVs are snowy, I would first suspect something with the antenna booster. There are many paths to take but I would start by making sure the booster is off if you are trying to use cable. IF the booster is off and you still have problems, you will have to start checking connectors. Pull the antenna amplifier out and check there first. Another area to check is behind the UDC where the coax cables attach to the back side of the connectors in the UDC.
I used an ohm meter to check all the connectors in my rig. There were several bad ones. Sadly, this is one area that is usually missed at the dealers pdi and Heartland really needs to do a better job on their end as well.

Cimriver

Can't say on your Big Horn, but on our Elkridge I found at least two maybe three splitters (been a year since I looked). I tend to agree with Ray that your problem may not be a splitter. I did find many poorly terminated connectors on the Elkridge. I replaced them all (at least all I could find) with good compression connectors.