Between the wheels ratcheting or "X" chocks

OhioJay

I'm looking to make the North Trail 32QBSS more stable when parked. I've been doing some research to see what I need/want. There are many options!!!

I decided to go with the Winfield RV Products scissor jack cross brace. Easy install, easy operation.

I also wanted to pick up one of those ratcheting between the wheel chocks. Combined with the scissor jack stabilizers, the T.T. should be rock solid.

I was reading some reviews of these various chocks, and it seems that many people claim the chock locked their units down tight, and I thought well maybe I don't need the stabilizer bars.

Here's the problem...I can't find any ratcheting chocks that are big enough. I measured between the wheels of the T.T., and came up with just under 13 inches. The largest chocks I have found expanded to 12 inches.

Does anyone know of a brand of wheel chock that would fit? Or, will I have to pony-up for the stabilizers, and keep using regular wheel chocks? Thanks for any help.

grizzlygiant

We have been very happy with the X-type chock which expands with a rarcheting leaver screw. We only use blocks if we are on a significant slope. Been doing this for 35+ years and it works dor us.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think the issue is that the North Trail has the wide trax wheels. Not all wheel chocks fit. I seem to recall there is one brand that would work, but not sure which.

jnbhobe

If you are going to the Goshen rally there is a good deal on JT stabilizers $155 + $100 install. But you have to attend the rally!! or install them yourself

OhioJay

I think the issue is that the North Trail has the wide trax wheels. Not all wheel chocks fit. I seem to recall there is one brand that would work, but not sure which.

Yes...This guy understands.

I know they work well. I'm trying to find one large enough to use on my N.T. 32QBSS.