Progressive Industries Great Customer Service

Gizzy

This is about the technical advice I rec'd from Progressive, but let me first explain why.

A few weeks ago I asked for advice about the best way to plug into a generator in the back of the TV. I got the info I needed from all of you who responded. Thank you.

One of you noticed in my signature that I have a Progressive surge protector installed and that it probably would not work because of no ground. Well I finally got our new generator and last Saturday I cranked it up and plugged in the coach. Sure enough, it did not work and the code on the surge protector said "open ground".

Next I sent an e-mail to Progressive explaining what happened and asked for their advice. I also included my phone number. Well this afternoon I received a phone call from them and was provided three options, of which only one was practical.

I will get a 30 amp male pigtail and attach a female plug to the end AND in the plug also add a jumper from the neutral to the ground. Hope to get the required parts tomorrow.

So, then I will have my 50-30 amp adapter, then my new 30-30 adapter(with jumper installed) plugged into the genny. Seems simple enough to me, and I am not an electrical kind of guy.

Now, back to the REAL purpose of this thread, CUSTOMER SERVICE. I guess I was really impressed with the fact I sendtthem an e-mail on Saturday and rec'd a phone call today (Mon). Really impressed with the feeling that they were actually concerned about taking care of their customers. I was also told that if I ever had any problems with their system that I could call any day, any time and they would be there to help. Makes me feel good to have purchased a product that is REALLY backed by the mfg. Really great people to deal with. Sorry about the long thread, but I just had to express my feelings.

Gizzy

jimtoo

Thanks Gizzy for a great report. A lot of Heartlander's have Progressive Surge protectors... including me... Great to hear they respond in a timely manor. :)

Jim M

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We took a different route when using our generator...we obtained a bypass switch from Progressive and turn the EMS off. Since we know what the power is like coming from the genny, for us at least, bypassing the EMS was the best option...:D

And we agree...Progressive is one of the best Customer Service oriented businesses we've ever dealt with...

Gizzy

Update, today I purchased the pigtail and plug and put them together (w/jumper installed) as instructed by the folks from Progressive. Plugged into the generator and it worked as advertised. Now I am a happy camper. I hope this little bit of info might help someone else. Again my thanks to the folks from Progressive.

Gizzy