Heartland RV Forum/ Mobile

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Is there any plans to have a mobile version of the forum? Seems like alot of users have smart phones and I know I do alot of brousing using mine. Sure would be nice to have. Since I'm not real technical savoy I may be out in left field.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried just going to the forum from your phones browser? I am on the forum regularly with my Droid. No mobile version.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dave, yes I use my phone all the time. I just was thinking that if it was converted, it would be easier.

jbeletti

Michael,

At one point in time, we did make the site "mobile aware" and had a mobile version that loaded on mobile devices. But it was not perfect and we got some push back from users on it. Perhaps rightly so, so we turned it off in favor of the full version of the forum. Your point is still well taken and I will ask our technical moderator to look into this to see if the mobile version is better. vBulletin was recently testing a iPhone app for its product. So maybe something is on the horizon for the several popular mobile platforms :)

Jim

danemayer

I've had to browse the forum from my iPhone browser more than I'd like - I had intermittent internet problems connecting to the forum from my laptop while in Colorado. The phone browser is better than nothing if you need to get to the forum, but it's certainly not easy to use.