Vacuum won't turn off

Birchwood

We have a Eureka Yellow Jacket central vacuum and will not turn off when
removing the hose from the inlet valve.I removed the inlet valve and disconnected
one of the terminal wires and it still won't turn off.
Has anyone experienced this prroblem.We are currently using the breaker as
an off/on switch.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Did you check in the basement to see if you have a problem there?? Make sure the inside cover is all the way down. It doesn't take much to turn on the vacumn.

Birchwood

Checked with Eureka and they say its a relay inside the VAC.It has a 2 year warranty parts replacement
and in this case the parts are not replaceable so the whole unit will be replaced .Thanks for all your comments.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
They will just replace it. Ours had to be replaced and it took about a month to get. The only place we found to get service for it was a vacuum repair store that fixed Eurekas. Good luck.

Birchwood

Eureka named a company in Orlando that does warranty work and they ordered it for me without even a house call
to confirm our Vac was faulty.Normally its takes two trips to the repair company.I am impressed with Eureka!

Willym

Ours won't turn on.....
Assuming that the supply breaker has not tripped and the vacuum init is plugged in...

Check the low voltage wiring from back of the hose plate to the vacuum unit. One of the connectors may have come adrift, or a wire may be broken. You can also test the same wires for voltage. There should be a voltage across them, if not and the wiring/connectors are good, you likely have a defective circuit board in the vacuum unit.