Backup cameras

MC9

I would like to keep an eye on my golf cart I am towing behind the Sundance 5r. Does anyone have any experience with wireless backup systems? I just want to know if it is still there.

pegmikef

For what it is worth, I use a Swift Hitch to hook up my TT. It has a magnetic (or can be screwed on) and probably has the range, but I'm not sure it would be good for your purpose because it uses a hand-held receiver (or can be velcroed to the dash). I saw camping world had a similar unit on sale for abut 150. The receiver comes with a cord that can be plugged into another monitor. I'm not sure about the charge life because I never have it on more than five or ten minutes. The units are rechargeable.

fljlcw

we have one on our BH it has A wire that runs to the front where the transmitter is mounted to the hitch it is wireless to the moniter it works ok but at times it has alot of interferance and is fuzzy but its A cheap one we installed it ourselves not to difficult if your A DIYer Fred

truknutt

Committed Member
If you don't mind pricey, here is an excellent system used on tractor trailer rigs. The kit uses the marker light wiring to transmit the video signal; you have to have your marker lights on which most do anyway. RearView Camera.net

caissiel

Look at my signiture Tow Vehicle equiped Radio/TV system. I bought everything on E-Bay for $400.
I have a rear cam on the truck and a switchable cam on the rear of the trailer. When the trailer is on the truck I switch to the trailer cam.

The trailer cam is wired using Coax cable that is attached to the trailer to truck wiring cable. When I hookup the trailer I just hookup the connections and switch the rear cam to trailer.

The cam on the radio is set on a switch instead of the reverse Sw. That way I can monitor the rear cam while driving, on the TV monitor on the truck while listening to the Radio/CD/DVD/SD. I watch the GPS on the roof mounted monitor that I also installed on the ceiling/roof.

This monitor on the roof is great to monitor the GPS on the roof during bright sunny days due dark location. I do have a TV/Radio with the separate Samsom GPS system that has 2 Video out possibility.

MC9

I knew it would be complicated (read: expensive). For the time being I think I will put a couple of flags I can see in my rearview mirrors on the trailer. Thanks all.