ATF: Edge - Bike rack

cgsnipe

I am looking to mount a 2 bike Rack to the rear of the Edge M21-G. Can you recommend a supplier or monting location?
Thank you

jimtoo

Hi cgsnipe,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed

Don't know if the factory will recommend something on this,, but we will wait a while and see. If not we can move it to a different area where you will get answers from other owners.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Hodge-M22

My wife and I just purchased a Edge M22, we'll be picking it up late April. I don't know about the M21 but in the ad poster in the M22 it showed a hitch option for a bike rack. Unfortunately our dealer didn't have any on his lot with a factory installed hitch. I hear it is a 1-1/4" Receiver. It is diffidently an option I want to ad to our RV so I hope you hear back from Heartland.
My question is, do I need to go with the hitch sold by Heartland?
Or is there an after market hitch that they would recommend?

camr

I am trying to picture how a rack would fit the back of the Edge. I really wish mine was here at the house rather than winter storage. Since the cover of the back bumper drops down to open up the tray for sewer hose storage, it seems like the rack mount would have to be a few inches lower than the bumper to allow for clearance when the cover is open. It will definitely be a little more complex than a receiver attached to the frame rails and exiting straight back. I would love to see a photo if anyone has one.
Cam

Hodge-M22

from what it looked like on the ad poster in the M22 I was looking at, it was a frame mount hitch that was like on a vehicle below and behind the bumper. So depending on how far out the arm of the bike rack was from the bumper, you may or may not be able to open the bumper when the bike rack is in the receiver. Mine actually projects a far amount out from the bumper before curving up for the post of the bike rack, so I think it will be just fine.