How/Where to Mount TP Holder?

ihsolutions

Despite going on many trips with our 2011 3670RL last year, and much to the dismay of my wife, I never found time to mount the toilet tissue paper roll/holder.

The hardware came with the coach along with a towel holder for next to the sink, I believe. However it did not come with any screws. Looking at the possible mount locations, I am not understanding where I should be mounting these items?

The obvious locations for both are on walls which contain the pocket doors leading into the bathroom, respectively.

Something tells me that DW is not going to tolerate another summer of storing the tissue on the handle of the shower door...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Just mount it either to a convenient wall or on one of those standing floor type holders and you can place it behind you in the corner. We don't have your floorplan but by the looks of the layout on the website, there isn't a convenient wall??? Is the vanity withing reach? Maybe on the backside of a door?

ihsolutions

I would use mollys but the problem is, the walls contain the pocket door. So anything that protrudes more than say 1/4" is going to interfere with the pocket door sliding in all the way.

I really prefer not to use a standing floor holder, just personal preference. Can't figure out where else to mount unless I try with adhesive material which probably won't hold up.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
anything that protrudes more than say 1/4" is going to interfere with the pocket door sliding in all the way.
Ahhh... The website doesn't show it as a pocket door. How about the type of TP holder made of Oak or painted wood, mounted with screws short enough so as not to interfere with the door but then use Elmers or some other adhesive to insure a fairly permanent mount.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We love the freestanding TP holder. Easy to move out of the way or reposition it if needed. Give it a try and see what you think.

Birchwood

For some reason we don't like screws in the walls of our coach so we bought a free standing one at WalMart.
It works fine and we just place it in the middle of our bed when we travel.
It also has a stainless steel finish that matches the door latch if you are into decor matching.

billnsue

We also use the free standing TP holder. Just couldn't find the "right" spot to mount the holder. It's worked for us for the last three months of full timing.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have the free standing tp holder that also holds extra rolls within the stand. I have used this same stand with three different coaches.

bobber

We have the Bighorn 3070RL and the TP holder mounted between the 2 doors on the small wall. It was perfect for us. I also was able to mount a magazine rack on that small wall.

Speedy

Jeff, May I suggest the use of the 3M Command Hanging strips. I use these strips with hooks for all kinds of things I want stuck to the wall in the bathroom. They hold up to my hot showers and heavy bath robe. Best part is if you need to remove the TP holder for some reason there will not be any holes that will have to be plugged.

ihsolutions

I was considering the 3M command products but didn't know if it would hold up to the abuse of TP holder and having small children. I may end up with a free-standing unit, but ideally it would need to be something that stands on it's own while transporting... I don't want another interior checklist item to worry about before moving every time.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We use a free standing one in chrome for Walmart. It is a roll holder on top and magazine rack on the bottom. It takes care of all the important items needed in the bathroom.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We also use the free standing TP stand, and a canister style spare roll holder. Putting in on the small wall between the doors was never a consideration, since Mr. Max has an affinity for exposed toilet paper, especially new rolls (we learned this at home). With the stand, we can tuck it behind the dry towel hanging on the shower door (ours has a towel bar), and he ignores it. At home, we keep the bathroom doors shut. Besides, that little wall is almost out of reach for the wife.

TedS

I mounted ours on the wall with the pocket door near the throne. Happened to mount the holder close enough to the door frame that I caught the frame for a very solid installation. Had to predrill holes in the frame. The other end just to the wall skin. Seems solid enough.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Heh Jeff, seems we have the same floorplan. I also found positioning the TP holder problematic. Finally, with the boss's approval, I put it 28" from floor and about 8" from the rear wall (to left if facing toilet). I used plastic drywall anchors and screws short enough so they did not interfere with pocket door. This is a bit awkward, but works. My choice was the little false wall in the corner between the two doors, but wife downthumbed that. I did not use the cheezy fixture that was in the medicine cabinet but picked up a nice looking burnished metal set from Lowes.

TedS

Maybe take a freestanding holder and screw it to the floor? There is more substantial material in the floor.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe take a freestanding holder and screw it to the floor? There is more substantial material in the floor.
Ted, we have a freestanding tp holder and it stands alone through all our travels. Freestanding is our personal choice and it works well.

Peace
Dave

watchthebox

I haven't seen your model 5th wheel before, but here's how I mounted the TP holder in my Cyclone: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...led-in-My-3010?p=127339&highlight=#post127339

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Plenty of posts for a roll of toilet paper! We have the 3670rl and use the white free standing unit in the corner to the right of the door as you come in. Used velcro on the floor to keep it upright and it does not fall over or move. Installed the tp holder that came with the rv right above this in the corner. Works great.