Water Re- Supply

Uncle Rog

Howdy, I sent a driver over to pick up the compressor I read about this AM and asked him to look for a 12v water pump to drain my 15 gal reserve barrel with. He came back with a real cutie. It's Harbor Freight #09576 and costs $25, pumps 240gals an hr and only weighs 4#and has 3/4" hose fittings. I was going to mess with the valves on the Horn to reverse fill with the house pump, but this is way too easy.......UR

jpmorgan37

Uncle Rog and Chopper Bill;

I sure hope that you both come to the Rally. It would be great for you both to put on a seminar on dry camping, the in's and out's of it and how to prepare your coach and tow vehicle for maximum enjoyment. I really enjoy reading your posts and what you're doing to make it work for you.

John

tdharley

I been using one of those pump for everthing.

One word of warning though DO NOT LET IT RUN DRY. The impeller is made of soft rubber and burns out easily. They even make a rebuild kit for it.

Uncle Rog

I guess great minds think alike, the box says that it is self priming and I hope I don't burn it up on the first attempt!

ChopperBill

A clue on the self priming. Sometimes it wont prime itself. If it has trouble picking up water just loosen the outlet hose on the pump enough to let air escape and the water will start to flow. I first started out sucking on the outlet end of the hose to prime it and after I almost drowned myself a couple of times I learned that little trick. You will get pretty good at it and hardly spill nary a drop.

Uncle Rog

I am looking at this pump and the way I want to use it I need to add a couple feet of wire to the unit along with a rocker switch to give me a little control of the thing. Has anybody tried to modify the unit?