Propane quick connect

Martind

I have a 2011 Sundance and it has a propane quick connect just to the right of the door. I would like to use it for my BBQ, but I am having difficulty finding the male connector that fits. I have purchased 2 different ones from RV stores but they are just slightly different sizes than the one needed.

Should my RV have come with the male connector that matches the female part on the rig?

Anyone found the right part to match?

Thanks... Dan :cool:

pegmikef

I had a similar problem because my North Trail had the plumbing, but no quick connector, just a plug. After scouring San Angelo, I ended up getting it from Heartland. You probably need the 1/4 inch male lp/natural gas quick connect fitting. Remember, that line is low pressure because it is after the pressure regulator on the trailer, so you can't use it with your standard gas grill like the normal webers. Do a search on grills on this forum, because there are several threads discussing grills (in exterior general). There are several places on line that sell the parts (mr heater for one and amazon.com come to mind). You'll probably need a hose with the connectors already on them. I'm in a small town and checked the local RV places, lp gas places, and hardware stores. The grill I bought (Olympian 5500) came with the hose and no regulator, but reading this forum you'll find that a lot of folks prefer the Weber and have converted them to run on the low pressure line. If you do a google search on something like "lp gas quick-connect fitting" you'll get a myriad of sources. A lot of folks sell the 3/8th inch fitting, but it was kind of hard finding quarter inch fittings.

Splash

The dealer threw in a grill with my trailer that came with a hose setup. I did end up modifying a Mr Heater male quick connect to fit for my stove setup. I had to drill out the center a little and shorten the tip. This is Heartland quoted me awhile back when I inquired about the same thing "part # 60311 male quick disconnect $7.05 part # 10488 female $23.75".