step rugs

herefishy

Anyone use 3 step rugs - we're having trouble closing up our steps cause they're too thick. Any solution besides taking one off? Our steps are 8 1/8 inches between steps; I don't know if there is a standard distance. We got the plush ones from Camping World.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I found that I couldn't fold the steps (4 level) with a carpet on the 2nd and 3rd steps, so I just have them on the top and bottom ones. Hadn't thought about leaving them on while we're "in residence" for a couple of weeks, and taking them off when we leave. Or just leaving the steps extended for the summer... DUH! :confused:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a Walmart special on the bottom step and it closes, no problem. Walmart was 1/2 the price of Cmpng Wrld. They only have grey however.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
gosh Tandt - our Wally World doesn't sell them - very limited camping supplies :(. We use the CW ones without any problems (3 steps), leaving them on all the time. Overtime, the matting crushes down with the steady traffic.

jnbhobe

We got 3 sets from Menards for a buck a piece and put grommets in and used tie-wraps to fasten them. Ended up less than $5.oo a set

Jimmy

Not that it helps you, but I have the Wally World specials on all 4 steps, and they fold fine...

larryanddonnakeever

Past Oklahoma Chapter Leaders (Founding)
We bought our step rugs at CamperLand in Tulsa , OK. when we took delivery on our BH 3585RL. When I put them on [4steps] the steps would not fold either. I took the bottom rug off and the steps now fold, tight but fold all the way.. The rugs are held to gether with large zip ties. I had pulled thme all together until they met in the middle. The bottom one that I took off was torn at the eye.. The ones I have seen at our local Camper World look and feel to be thinner than the ones I put on..

Larry & Donna Keever
Oklahoma City
HOC 1811
2011 BH 3583 RL
2010 Ford F-350 Lariat FX4 Dually 6.4 Diesel

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
i have 4 steps and have had everybrand on the market over the years. when they are new you have to force them to fold up and they should close up. might oil the steps up on each end to help them along.............