Kingpin Stabilizer Tripod

mcdanik

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good Kingpin Stabilizer Tripod and do these really help? We have a Greystone 33QS. Thanks.

jnbhobe

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good Kingpin Stabilizer Tripod and do these really help? We have a Greystone 33QS. Thanks.

I wouldn't waste my time on a tri-pod, I have found the JT stabilizers to be much much better to reduce movement it the front of a fifth-wheeler. I have used both,but now I have Level-up and can't use the JT's any more. JON

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Never got one. I installed the Ultra-Fab stabilizers on our trailer before we used it for the first time. My sister has a bipod stand for her smaller SOB, and her husband swears at it, not by it.

firemailwv

I got a kingpin tripod thrown in when I purchased my last 5th wheel and used it, oh maybe 3 or 4 times. Now it is just extra weight it the front compartment. It is coming out and into the "I don't want to throw it away, but I'll never use it" corner of my garage.

jnclevel

I would not mess with a tripod. We have the Steadfast system and it works great on our Bighorn. Check out at www.steadyfast.com.

Amen to the SteadyFast system. I installed it 2 weeks ago and am at the Georgia Rally in Elko. There is absolutely no movement in the unit. I left the kingpin stabilizer, the wheel chock locks and slide out jacks at home. I will make a good deal on them to anyone since I will never be using them again.

Dutch & Di

We had a Bi Pod and it didn't do the job for us at all! We even added an extra set of arm jacks at the very rear. Better but still movement. We've been very happy for over 5 years with our permanently mounted stabilizers. When we had Big Foot installed last year we still needed stabilization and were able to still use our stabilizers. Hugs, Di

Last edited:

Kurt

Kurt&Gwen
We have the JT stabilizers and the King pin tripod. The JT's work great! We parked alongside the highway one night and felt no movement, even with the big semi rigs flying by our huge 41" billboard size 5er.

The tripod does a "fair" job at best in keeping the RV movement to a minimum. I've only use mine twice and will be posting it on Craig's List. Don't waste your $$$

Kurt

tom p

tomp
I have had one for two years and it helped, but now I have the Level up system installed. It will be for sale at the rally(Lot236)

Birchwood

We have used a steel tripod for a couple years now and I think it helps . It also doubles as a bicycle rack and this may
be its main usage for us.We can even lock our bikes to the tripod.