info on big horn

ntoport

getting ready to buy a 2011 big horn. looking at the 3670 floor plan model. never owning a 5th wheel....motorhome before....i was wonder the good and bad....pros and cons on this model. any help wound help out a lot.

boatdoc

The 3670 is a favorite. It's big, roomy and a cooks delite. We have an '09 and are very happy with it although the new floor plans, in our opinion, are not as user friendly with the "mega" shower and cubby hole they call a desk. Heartland appears to have finally got a handle on the running gear as when you do a search on the older units there were many troubles with shocks and spring packs.

grizzlygiant

It's BIG. Be sure you want something this size. We travel around a lot and found the Big HORN just too big for one-two night stands in RV parks......haed to park in smaller spaces, hard to turn around in cramped parking lots, heavy to pull with a 3/4 ton Dodge. We do really enjoy our smaller SUNDANCE.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
The only thing I would change in ours is to swap the couch and recliner positions. agree with boatdoc. Not crazy about the new bath/bed room set up in the 2012.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We really like ours for the size and roominess it affords. A lot depends on how and where you plan to use it. Our primary use is summer seasonal at a private RV park that can handle big rigs and is well maintained. If you're going to move about or use it at state parks on weekends, then maybe a big rig is not for you. But, if you're going to spend weeks at a time in it, like we do, you'll appreciate the space and comfort a 3670 affords. Our site is a back-in site, and I have not had a problem manuevering the trailer into it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
To answer your question. The 3670 is a great coach...looked at a new one last weekend. It wasn't a good idea cause Patty was there. Patty was banana's over the bigger shower. The one thing I do know, you will need a 1tn truck. They are big (long) and heavy. For yours and your family's safety don't try to pull it with a 250 or a 2500. If you don't have a TV at this point....a 350 or 3500 is not that much more in money. The gross weight rating I think is 16K. I don't know what the new Ford 250 is rated at but the new 2500 Chevy-GMC's are rated a 17K+ but you need a DRW TV. JMHO

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We narrowed down our choices to the 3670,3585 and 3610. We ended up going with the 3670 and we are very happy with it. We are "most timers".
The mega bath is great. I don't sit at the work station that much anyway, so it's not an issue. I'm usually at the table with my laptop.
The kitchen is the largest IMHO, of all 3 models that I mentioned. That was the deal maker on the 3670 for the DW. It just comes down to trying to get 80-90% of what you want on an one given model. You are never going to get all the features you like together on the same trailer. Bottom line I'm sure you will be happy with any of them. Previous post is correct. You will need a 1 ton TV for any of the units I mentioned.

Bob, are you saying we should not let your DW see our bath in Anaheim?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Trace, she has already seen it and all the BC, BH, and LM's that Giant RV had. Never...ever go shopping with her.......ever watched a bumble bee??? She wears the salesman and me out just watching her. We just get 2 chairs and sit and watch. Wish they had beer and popcorn. She has always told me "when I find it, I will know which your (me) going get".

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Trace, she has already seen it and all the BC, BH, and LM's that Giant RV had. Never...ever go shopping with her.......ever watched a bumble bee??? She wears the salesman and me out just watching her. We just get 2 chairs and sit and watch. Wish they had beer and popcorn. She has always told me "when I find it, I will know which your (me) going get".

Quit your complaining, Bob. I'll bet you don't have triple harpoon wounds in your keister from a RV show "just looking" trip. I made the mistake of going into the 3670 show model that the wife, my evil older sister, and our previous saleswoman were in. I didn't have a chance, strung up by the ankles, my wallet was sliced from my pocket and rendered empty.

But I did get to buy a B.A.R.T. to pull it as a consolation prize.:D

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
getting ready to buy a 2011 big horn. looking at the 3670 floor plan model. never owning a 5th wheel....motorhome before....i was wonder the good and bad....pros and cons on this model. any help wound help out a lot.

We bought ours after never having had a 5th wheel or trailer of any kind. The kitchen and one piece bath made it the perfect place for us. We know we are going to spend a lot of time in it when we retire, so we didn't want to get something smaller and regret it later. Two foot-itis is expensive in boats (we learned the hard way) so we didn't want to play that game with our 5th wheel.

I saw the new interior on a lot a few weeks ago and didn't care for the new living room arrangement. I would like to switch the couch and recliners. I don't like the new entertainment center at all.

You will know when you find the right one. You will sit down in it and feel like you are home. Then you can start the process of figuring out what options you want and what tow vehicle you need. If you buy a floor plan you don't love just because it is smaller or lighter, you will probably kick yourself later when you have to upgrade the trailer and your tow vehicle to be happy with what you have.

Kristy

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We don't have a 3670, we have it's little sister, the 3370. (no longer made) that being said, if we would have had the dually when we were shopping, we'd own the 3670 as well. There are a couple more that I've had my eye on, the new 3455 (I think) and the bighorn model of the Landmark Rushmore. You really just need to look at as many as you can, sit in them for awhile and imagine how they would function for what you need. You really will know when you find the right one.
No matter which HL you wind up getting, you simply can't go wrong with this brand. For us, the factory support has simply been exceptional for the almost 4 years we've owned it. Even my repair tech at work was impressed by how well the unit was built, and he has seen quite a few.

ntoport

Thanks for the replies. Still looking at the 3670. I have a 2011 F-350 short bed, diesel, single rear wheels. I had a 2005 F-350 diesel and my 2011 runs circles around it. Been told by the ford dealer when I ordered this truck that the single wheel will handle a 5th wheel of this size, but a dually would be better. Not that I was trying to save a little money, but because my wife would not drive the dually. Haven't really seen any duallys without rear fender damage. I kind of call them curb feelers.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I felt the same way about our dually, but I adjusted and will drive it now. No fender damage either! I will even drive it with the trailer attached so Mark can have a break. If she is willing to be a little adventurous, she could adjust too. The SWD will do it, but the dually makes a big difference for us.

Kristy