Tst tpms system in and running

PUG

Pug
I have pulled my 09 Cyclone 3950 for around 10K now. I recently installed a TPMS system from TST as I had read many posts where tires had blown and torn all heck out of the trl. I drove truck for several years and also had had blow outs that did some damage to the trls I was pulling. Reading some of the 5er comments the repair on a trl is much more than a tpms system.

I purchased the system that has the batterys in the sending units that can be changed out by yourself. I put sensors on all tires on the truck (dually) and all three axles of the trl. I have been quite surprized how close they read in pounds of air and temperature (checked with laser temp guage).

I had always been worried and constantly was watching the sides of the trl for flying rubber. I now know exactly what the trl and trk tires are doing and it has made life much easier and less nerve racking. I have driven from S Idaho to Tucson and have had no problems with the system. Quite impressed so far. I recommend highly you consider a tpms system.

Vtxkid

The TST system your talking about is the 507RV unit. We purchased the same unit a couple of months ago for the same reason as you. My truck has its own TPMS so the RV is our only concern. Have not uncovered the RV yet so our TST kit is still in the box. Another 2-3 weekends and I will be ready to install ours... Peace of mind not having to worry that you might have a blow out and not know it driving down the road.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I just ordered the TST four sensor monitoring set. My truck has gated rubber stems and I don't want to get them switched just yet. But it's the trailer having a problem that concerns me more.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Been using a TST for a couple years now. It seems to work really well and already saved us from one disaster while crossing the North Cascades highway (in the middle of nowhere!). The TST showed a slow leak...upon inspection we discovered a valve stem was loose. Tightened it up and all was good!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We too use the TST system. I haven't seen the RV system but the truck system allows for great expansion. We have sensors installed on the truck and trailer spare tires as well so there is never a question as to their condition. TST is also great with customer service and supported the Owners Club last year through donations of their products for rallies.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We also have the TST. One of the other nice features of having a pressure monitoring system is not having to get down on my knees to check the tires every time we move. I just turn on the TST a little while before we get ready to pull out.
It's also interesting to watch how different things affect the psi and temperatures of the tires. Things like road surface type, speed, sun, and rain.

porthole

Retired
I just ordered the TST four sensor monitoring set. My truck has gated rubber stems and I don't want to get them switched just yet. But it's the trailer having a problem that concerns me more.

John, The valve stems that were on my GMC were substantially larger then the skinny stems on the trailer. I never had any issues with the sensors on the stems of the pickup.
For that matter - I never installed the metal stems in the trailer, changed the tires and wheels right after getting the TPMS system

For those with DRW's - any problem getting the sensors on?
On the new Ford I have to remove the rear wheels to get the sensors on.