New Heartland Big Country Owner

IXOYE

By March 18th (we hope, it is in production begining today) we should have our 2011 Big Country 3250. First Heartland unit. Although we have had every thing from tents to Itasca motorhomes. We are figuring this may be our last rig. We have been doing this since 1970 starting with a "Sears & Robuck" 10 by 10 tent.
Trading in a Coachman 5th. wheel. We were very disapointed with the quality. After the Motorhomes it was quite a step down. It appears the BC will satisify our quality needs.
I am going to pull the rig with a Ford Superduty F250 V10, same engine I had in 3 Motorhomes. Pulled the 3250 home from the trailer show here in January for the dealer I am purchasing it from. It seemed to handle it fine. Any comments any one has will be appreciated.
Also heard BC has had problems with sagging tanks ??
OK lets see how this works.....

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations!!! Now the hard part is waiting for the new baby to come off the line. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we have ours. We also have been tent camper with the boys to a small 5th wheel to a HL Sundance to our current rig. Just love it :) :). Enjoy and travel safely.

SilverRhino

Great Choice!!

We love our BC and I am sure that you will find that it to be a great unit. Our unit is a 2010 and we have not had any problems with the tanks sagging. There were a few minor issues with our coach, but nothing that was not easlily taken care of.

You will find that this forum is a great source of information, based on real life experiences. Another thing that you will experience, should you have any problems, is how great the folks at HL are to deal with. They make a great product, and stand behing it!!

Best of luck.......

Travel Safe!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Welocme to the forum IXOYE.

Have to agree with what Nabo and SilverRhino said. We never experienced sagging tanks.
We love ours. You are going to have alot of improvements that some of the earlier coaches did not have.

If you are interested I wrote a short, not very technical review of ours after 2 years of having it. It was more just some things that stood out. Maybe it will help you know what to expect--maybe not but here is the link.
Click-here=

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hello and Welcome from Washington State!

You will really enjoy the Big Country! We sure like ours...it is an awesome rig!

Best Wishes and Happy Camping!

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
A big Cowboy state WELCOME!! Safe travels and hopefully we'll see ya down the trail.

IXOYE

Thanks Nathan and Byrd, Its going to be a challange on navagating this forum. I have a map also, Ruth and I have been to 46 of the 48 states. We have cut back much in our travels lately. Still carry the tent with us for the grand kids. Blessings! Bob

IXOYE

Larry & Samantha, I read your review, very interesting. I am a stickler for neat wiring etc. so it looks like I will have some work to do in the inner hidden spaces of the rig. Already have ordered a 2nd. med. cabinet for the bathroom. and a door to cover up two of the three open shelves in the bedroom next to the bed. Ruth wanted them for storage. Blessings! Bob

bill40

We trade our MH for our BC and have not looked back. Have met some woderful friends at the rallies. The Bc has made several trips across country and back with out a problem. Enjoy your unit try and get to some rallies they are great. Take Care Bill & Jerry

IXOYE

After 3 motorhomes it was a little hard but we never regreted it. The hardest part was the quality. The Itasca was top notch. The Coachman was not. Subsequently our move to the Big Country. It will fit our needs fine. Ruth also wanted a washer/dryer for small stuff and we are getting it in the 3250. We were suppose to be retired by now, but the recent market crash changed all that, so we are off to work every day. A couple of years and we hope to spend more time on the road. I am in the fuel business and it is not a good time for end suppliers. We are currently giving our gas away, well not true we are making $0.004 cents per gallon.
Blessings!
Bob

dieselsweetheart

Hi Bob and Ruth and WELCOME from your PA chapter leaders!! I sent you a private message so check your inbox. Consider attending one of the many local rallies that may be a "do-able" weekend for you depending on what part of PA you live in. We Heartlanders are a fun bunch of people and I consider many of them to be my best buddies now...we count the days till we can share a weekend together!! Let me know if I can assist you in any way...and again, Welcome!!! I know you will love your new BC..they are beautiful rigs!!!

Bob Vaughn

After 3 motorhomes it was a little hard but we never regreted it. The hardest part was the quality. The Itasca was top notch. The Coachman was not. Subsequently our move to the Big Country. It will fit our needs fine. Ruth also wanted a washer/dryer for small stuff and we are getting it in the 3250. We were suppose to be retired by now, but the recent market crash changed all that, so we are off to work every day. A couple of years and we hope to spend more time on the road. I am in the fuel business and it is not a good time for end suppliers. We are currently giving our gas away, well not true we are making $0.004 cents per gallon.
Blessings!
Bob
I had heard that gas stations make more on selling a candy bar than a gallon of fuel....that said who the **** is getting the billions and billions of dollars of profits that the mega oil companys are saying they make each month. Plus why is domestically produced gas from domestically drilled oil the same price as imported oil??

IXOYE

Bob,
You may not like the answer, but, your/my government puts so many road blocks in front of our own industry, that it is cheaper to buy oil from those who hate us than it is for my fellow countrymen to drill in our own land. We have plenty of oil. We can get it safely. Just untie the hands of the great American industry and we will become energy independant in a decade. I cannot understand why our political leaders are doing this to their own people...now you went and got me started, sorry.
Blessings!
Bob

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I had heard that gas stations make more on selling a candy bar than a gallon of fuel....that said who the **** is getting the billions and billions of dollars of profits that the mega oil companys are saying they make each month. Plus why is domestically produced gas from domestically drilled oil the same price as imported oil??

Well, this thread sure wandered off quick.

IXOYE, I hope you enjoy your new BC.

sdgirl

Bob, congrats on the new rig. DH and I bought our BC in Jan. of 2008 and have been soooo happy with it. I researched for two years before buying and am so Happy I found Heartland. The only thing we changed was the bed. Installed a Sleep Number. We'd rather take the trailer, with our own bed, than stay in a hotel. Welcome to the Family~!

IXOYE

March 12th. The unit has been delivered and prepaired, but the Dealer dosent want to do the paperwork till Monday....What a "bummer" missing a whole week end of tinkering.
Bob

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Bob,

Congrats on the new BC hope the wait's not to long !!

You got to be excited !! Enjoy hope we cross paths maybe at a rally? Congrat's again from the Ny chapter leaders !!
March 12th. The unit has been delivered and prepaired, but the Dealer dosent want to do the paperwork till Monday....What a "bummer" missing a whole week end of tinkering.
Bob

bill40

Hi Bob, welcome to the group. We too came from a MH to the BC and we love it. We have been across country twice and they pull really nice on the open road and our mpg are better than the MH. Hope to meet you at one of the rallies we have a great group of friends.