Wet Carpet on 2007 Bighorn 3055RL

jdfishing

When traveling on wet pavement, the carpet under the large slide on the off door side gets wet for most of its length. This only becomes noticable after arriving at camp when the slide is pushed out and the carpet is revealed. The carpet does NOT get wet when the trailer is stationary and its raining, regardless of whether the slide is in or out. So it appears the spray from the tires is finding its way inside. Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution? It has been this way since I bought it, but I seldom have to travel in the rain and I put off finding the leak until now, when the WIFE said fix it.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Contact Heartland Customer Service...not long after the '07's were built, they came up with "corner blocks" which are installed under slides in the outside corners. They work great and eliminate this problem completely...

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We had the same problem with a leak while traveling and the dealer changed out seals to no avail. We have a late model '07 and it had the corner blocks ,still leaked. We went to the '09 rally in Goshen and the service techs at the rally fixed it, finally. Its been so long since the repair I would have to get back under there to tell you the exact location but all they did was fill a void behind the seal with black caulk , believe any color would do because you can't see it anyway. It was hard to find because we never drove in much rain so was hard to tell if each repair the dealer done was actually working.............Kenny

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jdfishing, HERE is a link to a thread that talks about the same problem. Post #2 shows a picture of the corner blocks that Kakampers mentioned. See if you have them in place.

Peace
Dave

vangoes

Jdfishing,
We have the same problem with our unit. Our unit has the corner blocks and the bead of caulking that our dealer applied when we bought the unit. We had not driven much in the rain until this past Jan 1 when we went south. When we arrived, the carpet was sopping wet. Maybe the company could respond as to what (if any) was the successful solution to this problem.

davidg

We had the same problem, under the slide where the floor meets the wall, it will be hard to see with that black paper they put you will need a light, the seam will be the length of the slide, it should be above that piece of sheet metal they put above the tires, it won't look like much but if you put a bead of silicone to seal that seam it should solve your problem, it did ours.
Good luck

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We have the same trailer and the had the same problem. As mentioned contact Heartland Customer Support. Besides the corner blocks there is also a "D" seal that is placed all along the top of the slide. I can't remember, but there is one more thing to go along with this "D" seal. When I had my trailer back at the factory this summer Jim Fenner from Heartland pointed this out. Hope this helps..../Doug

jdfishing

Thanks to everyone. I don't feel so lonely anymore. I'll contact the factory and take it from there. Sounds like they'll know what I'm talking about. Boy, will my wife be happy. Me too!

vangoes

Thanks to everyone. I don't feel so lonely anymore. I'll contact the factory and take it from there. Sounds like they'll know what I'm talking about. Boy, will my wife be happy. Me too!

Jd
Please let us know what you find out.