Curt 16K slider

With average skills, would I be able to install a Curt 16k slider in my Chevy 2500 HD or does it require special skills or tools? Thanks in advance for your info. Steve

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Steve, if you know how to use a tape measure, read, understand and follow instructions, use a drill and a wrench, you should not have a problem.
Curt does have brackets that bolt to existing holes in the frame.
I have a Curt, but not a slider.

Peace
Dave

archbarb

I installed a Curt Q5 20K in my long bed truck (without the slider) with no troubles. I Just kept referring to the instructions, and measuring everything twice before I drilled anything. I'm not really sure if the slider install would be more difficult or not. If you follow what cookie said in his first sentence you should have no problems!!!!!

Archie

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Steven, if you have average mechanical skills you should be able to DIY. I did my own but I had to drill the frame for brackets and the bed for bolting the rails to the brackets. I had to buy a special size drill bit because my rails (Reese) had special size bolts that had to be pulled into and through the frame rail. These bolts were ribbed and needed the special size hole to lock them in place.