Elk ridge heater fan shuts off and won't come back on.

Chad

Hi, I was running the heater and it shut off. waited for it to come back on and it won't. If I switch it from on to off it will rest and come back on for about a minute then shut off again. Yes, it has propane! Vents are not blocked either. Cna anyone help me out?

Crumgater

I saw some similar threads here which indicated there was hot air blowing onto the thermostat when the heater came on... which then turned the heat off... Any chance this is the problem?

The responders in the other threads were able to put in some air flow diverters to get the hot air off the thermostat and keep things running.

olcoon

Hate to ask this, but are both tanks full? If not is the regulator pointing to the tank with propane in it?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had this happen during a below 0 degree night. We switched the lever manually to the other tank, and all was ok. Not really sure what caused it or if it is a actual problem.

olcoon

Don't know why I didn't remember this last night, but we had the same problem last fall, on our Elk Ridge 27RLSS. Come to find out it was in the electronic board. Had it replaced, and haven't had a problem since.