New fire place installed

ChopperBill

Picked up the Bighorn today after the warranty work. They put in a new fireplace because mine was dented and the glass didn't fit. They installed a new fancy pants unit with remote control! Wow! thats what this fat *** needs is a remote controlled fireplace! The logs don't look as real as the old unit but it is the same one we saw in a high dollar Titanium last week at the RV show so it must be OK. Renee said I should have kept my mouth shut and dealt with the old one. Ya like thats going to happen!

ChopperBill

Well! I should have kept my mouth shut! This new fangled remote fire place is BUTT UGLY! Thought I would give it a chance until I hooked it up to shore power and watched the light show. Just plain ugly! About as fake as it can be! Two folks came by while I was viewing it and said "That looks phony" The stinking remote wont even work unless you are about 2 feet away. Going to call the dealer tomorrow and beg for my old dented fire place back and take it apart and fix the dent. Hope they didn't send it back already. So folks if you have a Dimplex fireplace(that looks like a REAL fire) and it breaks. Just fix it! The new replacement ESA is UGLY. I wouldn't have ordered a fireplace it I saw one of those in the first place.

ChopperBill

Rejoice! I went and fetched my old fireplace back! I asked the dealer where they got it and they said that was what Heartland sent them. Took it apart and took the dent out with little effort. The glass now fits and the frame work lays flat. Cant tell it was ever damaged. Folks I cant begin tell you the difference in "realizem" between the new ESA and the old Dimplex (Optiflame) If you have an old one and it goes south, just salvage it the best you can and you folks that have the new one .... well what can I say? :(

Uncle Rog

Chopper, I have to hand it to you, if your having as much fun with this stuff as it sounds like, you are doing alright. I get the BH back Thurs, I think, and will be happy to see her! I am thinking the same as you, that after all these fixes they should be the units that we were looking for. We have the optiflame unit and we like it, use it mostly on the property when we are charging batteries and readying for the next trip, when its cool enough, 95 today, not using the fireplace........UR

ChopperBill

Ya Rog I think these RV's are an empty canvas just waiting for an artist to finish them. When I get done with mine you wont be able to buy it from me for twice the price I paid for it!

5erWonk

Chopper,

I was feelin' pretty good sittin' in my new 3055 with the fireplace roaring...Now I have to go on Ebay to see if anyone has a used Optiflame.:D

ChopperBill

No used ones but there is some one in Canada selling them on eBay for half of everyone else. Was going to get one if my old one was gone.