ATF: Elk / Eagle Ridge - Question on slide

olcoon

We own a 2011 Elkridge 27RLSS. I think we might be having a problem with the slide. First noticed that when the slide was in, the Right (front side) side of the slide was higher than the left (rear) side. Also, when bring in the slide the right (front) side seemed to hang up, then jump up and come on in. Took it to the dealer, and both sides of the slide are pretty even now, but it seems that the right (front) of the slide jumps even more, and the motor on the slide bogs down. I was looking at it today, and noticed a small piece of white plastic in the track on the inside of the coach. I've attached a video, and if you'll notice on it, the slide wall will buckle then go back in. I don't think this is normal, like the dealer told me, and the left (rear) side doesn't do this.

Attachments

• 100_1817.MOV
    1.6 MB
Last edited:

ankie3467

We have had out 27RLSS for a week now, I have not noticed mine doing this. I dont think this is normal either and I would really be watching it!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
That certainly doesn't look normal to me. Check under the slide at that corner while someone else operates the switch. Look for some sort of obstruction. Maybe a screw head sticking down/out just enough to cause problems.

Cimriver

I am going to have my 34QSRL checked out for similar problem this weekend. I have two slide that seem to hang up at the top. The bottom comes in while the top seems to stick at the top. It eventually releases at the top and falls forward to catch up with the bottom. I can't see anything hanging it up. Strange!

B

bwwalczak

That is not correct. There is something catching the slide as it comes in. There are a few options:

1 - please contact the dealer to diagnose / remedy.
2 - If dealer cannot remedy, please contact Heartland customer service at 574-266-8726. They can explore several options.

We have already forwarded this video on to our service department.

olcoon

Well, I'm impressed! I posted this thread last night, & Bryan answered the post this morning. I just got a call from Joe at the factory! I half didn't expect to get a call from anyone! He said (which I expected) this wasn't normal. End result is that I'm calling the dealer & taking it back to them to get fixed. At least now I've someone else who feels this isn't normal! Thanks Bryan & Joe.

Last edited:

olcoon

Maybe I should change the subject line to "The Forum Works!". Stopped by the dealer today to check on the progress. It's fixed, but waiting on some parts...the panel for the side wall on the slide. Come to find out apparently the floor of the slide came loose & dropped down 2"-3" and was hanging up when bringing it in. I was told possibly this was caused by walking on the slide floor while it was in. I admit that we did walk on it at first, not knowing any better when we first got it, but had quit after reading something on here about not walking on it.

Also, apparently somewhere between me, the shop foreman, and the factory something got screwed up. The last time we took it in, I told the shop foreman about the slide hanging up. When we picked it up he told me that the factory said this is normal. I'm thinking that somewhere along the line, someone was thinking the normal up-swing of the slide to get on top of the camper floor. The shop foreman thanked me for posting on the forum, along with the video so this could get resolved. Again I thank Bryan Walczak & Joe, plus everyone who responded.

I thought this forum was good before, but now I know it's great!

Last edited: