Vd-400i problems

Captjim

Hi , I just purchased an mpg , it has the touch audio system. The radio will keep searching but never lock in on a ch. There's picture but no sound with DVD and no sound with cd. I keep getting a popping sound from the speakers could this unit be bad?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Captjim, It's pretty hard to diagnose issues like you are having. If you can, make sure the wires for audio are plugged in and check to see that the speakers are connected properly. I'm good with the old basic Home theater systems but not familiar with what you have in your rig. This sounds like it may be something your dealer should have checked prior to delivery. Give them a call.

Captjim

Thks for your reply! I called my dealership they said they dealt with this before and are filing a claim to send me a new one! All the wires are hooked up as per how the schematic shows in the manual. It play a cd one time and that was it! Even if I manually put on a station I get nada ! I'm reading on here where alot of people are having troubles with this unit. Does anyone know of a good replacement with the same diameter as this one?