microwave function in half-time oven

There is an issue with my half-time oven when I am microwaving especially potatoes. It will drip water if used for an extended period. If microwaving more than 5 minutes upon opening the door there is hot water seapage and I have to grab a towel to wipe the door so I don't get burned. The convection and half-time works great.

Went to dealership to have it checked out and was told the technician inspected the microwave, removed it and confirmed that it was vently properly. There are marks on the front left hand side of the grill that has discolored the grill where the water runs down.

It is a safety issue for me and would like to get it fixed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,
Carolyn

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Potatoes contain a lot of water and when you MW them for 5 minutes or more, it's got to go someplace in the form of steam. And then it condenses on the cool inner surfaces of the oven. Try putting them in a microwave safe container or bowl and covering them with a piece of paper toweling. We always nuke baking potatoes before putting them on the grill to shorten the grill time.