rear stabilizers not deploying

funntheson

I have the factory installed, 4 hydraulic jack, with electric rear stabilizers auto leveling system. As of about a week ago, the stabilizers decided to stay in the up position. They do not come down after the auto level does it's thing, nor can I use the manual overide on the panel to lower them.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Larry, I don't know about your system, but I would check for power at the motor when the stabilizer should be getting power. If no power getting back there I would find the output at the control panel and check if there is a signal coming from it. Also did you power down and reboot? That would be worth a shot. Look for a fuse.
Let us know what you find out as it may be helpful to someone else down the road.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi Larry,

I've never had a problem with them going down, but they have gotten stuck a couple of times when it's time to raise them. They seem to bind pretty easily. When that happens there's a stabilizer error msg on the control panel. I'm wondering if your stabilizers need to be bumped loose and maybe lubricated.

funntheson

Hi Larry,

I've never had a problem with them going down, but they have gotten stuck a couple of times when it's time to raise them. They seem to bind pretty easily. When that happens there's a stabilizer error msg on the control panel. I'm wondering if your stabilizers need to be bumped loose and maybe lubricated.

I hand cranked them down today, but they still won't move via the motor.

funntheson

Larry, I don't know about your system, but I would check for power at the motor when the stabilizer should be getting power. If no power getting back there I would find the output at the control panel and check if there is a signal coming from it. Also did you power down and reboot? That would be worth a shot. Look for a fuse.
Let us know what you find out as it may be helpful to someone else down the road.

Peace
Dave

I did hear a short noise from the motor, but no movement. I will probably wait until next week. I have to take it in for some other warranty work. I'll let you know what they find.

DougAndJudy

We had a similar problem - the motor turned, but the jacks did not move. Turned out to be a spring pin (or roll pin) had sheared off in the collar that joins the screw shaft to the motor shaft. I got some replacements from a NAPA auto parts place. They were 1" x 11/64" (I think the diameter is right...) Bring a piece of yours to match, if this is the problem. Needless to say, I now carry about 5 spares. They were about a quarter apiece.