Black tank doesn't fill

MrBill

First, my gauges are not reliable for indicating how full my tanks are and I thought my black tank was starting to "burp" before it should have. So I emptied the tank, put a water meter on and measured how many gallons of water it took before the commode started burping again. Seems my tank is getting only half full. I'm guessing there is a problem with my vent pipe but I don't know what or how to check it.

Birchwood

Our black water tank used to "burp" for some unknown reason and it didn't matter what the water level was in the tank.
Even after it was emptied and refilled a bit it was still doing the same.
I added more water and reflushed and it disappeared and has been ok since.Never really
determined what the cause was but has been ok for several weeks .

irvin56

My dealer mentioned he had seen this before. The piping going into tank was too long. once it was taken out and shortened it stopped the problem. I would look at that as maybe the reason. Just my .04(inflation)

HappyKayakers

You might also be building up an 'obstruction' directly below the pipe. I read on another forum that after dumping the black tank you should fill the bowl completely and flush a few times. Theoretically this should break up any budding pyramid in the tank.