Kitchen sinks 2900MK

Why are the kitchen sinks so small? I thought they were supposed to be 60/40, and my new 08 has small square ones that the sink cover lids don't even fit. I can't even get an RV dishpan in one. My Sundance is at the dealer for delivery on 3/16 , and I noticed this when we went in for a sneak peak. Also, some brouchures show the fridge with wood doors and some with black doors. What is standard on the 2900MK?

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
2900MK Sink

We just order a 2008 2900MK and took notice that both sink lid covers are to big for the sink in the one the dealer had. Is the one we ordered going to be like the one we seen ? Or has this problem been fixed ??
Thank You
Soon to be Sundance Owner :)

Walloongirl said:
Why are the kitchen sinks so small? I thought they were supposed to be 60/40, and my new 08 has small square ones that the sink cover lids don't even fit. I can't even get an RV dishpan in one. My Sundance is at the dealer for delivery on 3/16 , and I noticed this when we went in for a sneak peak. Also, some brouchures show the fridge with wood doors and some with black doors. What is standard on the 2900MK?

Kitchen sinks

My husband ground down both sink covers and now they fit flat. Lucky that he has a really nice wood shop at home. I can't figure out why the lids don't fit to the sinks. The ones I saw at the dealer didn't fit either. I will try to take a picture of the countertop extension that he made of ash wood. He ordered the hardware from Rockler, and sprayed Rustoleum paint on the supports. He did a wonderful job and now I have a nice big work area. I think that you will be getting the small sinks also. I really like to use a dishpan in them. I have found a couple of hospital patient washbasins, and they almost touch the bottom of the sink, so I will be using them. I can fill a regular dishpan and put it on my new counter extension to wash larger pots.
My husband also put plexiglass behind and next to the stove, so I won't scatter grease onto the wallpaper.
We will be taking the Sundance for it's maiden voyage to NC next week.:)

RickNB

Sink Covers

Just a little note of caution on those plastic covers for the sink. Be careful that you do not store them handy enough to the stove top that they could accidently fall on the stove top when cooking we had a near fire with ours . We had stood them up next to the edge of the stove and the fridge (model 2800RLS) my wife came to the door to check on me BBQing and the smoke alarm started to sound she turned back inside to find the covers on fire laying on top of a pot on the stove we quickly put them in the sink and ran water on them before any damage occured. The moral of the story is they are very flammable be carefull where you put them.

They did not fit right either and I used a router to cut them down some but they still were not very solid for a work space. We did purchase wooden ones at and RV dealer that work realy good and look good they are like a butcher block design.

Have Fun
Rick