Access to back of 42" TV

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I want to access the rear of my 42" Olivea TV.

What I want to know is how it is mounted in the back of the trailer.

I heard from someone that their SOB was mounted on a bracket that you could pull on a leaver and the entire TV would swing out and up so it can be worked on.

Is this TV mounted on a similar bracket? If you were going to remove it how would you go about it?

Thank You
BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Re: ATF: Bighorn - Access to back of 42" TV

Aw Shucks.. Nobody must be home...

Knock Knock... Who's there?? Anybody.. Anybody Who... Anybody seen my TV??

BC

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Bob, Im home but have no idea about your TV. What did you do to the folks on the forum??? Been hanging B/A's out the window???

jbeletti

Bob,

I once helped Larry K by hooking up a VGA cable to an input on his TV in his RE. I did it the hard way and did not remove the TV. I have heard since that there is an easier way. I suggest you contact Heartland Customer Service by phone at 877-262-8032 and ask them the best way to remove the TV in your 3400RE. They'll know. While you have posted in the ATF, it's a slower process and honestly, the sales team will not know the answer to this one.

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime

OK.. Thanks..

I thought you could get most answers from the factory using the forum, this way others that have a similar problem can see the results.

Going to contact Jim Finner.. Will post results..

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime

Ok, I have contacted Mr. Finner and he has been very responsive. However no one seems to have the way to remove or pull out the TV.

Moderators: Please remove this from the AFT forum and place in another appropriate forum.

Is there any one that has a RE trailer that has or has had to remove their TV. Mine is a 42" Olivea and I can not find a bracket that will allow it to tilt, swing out or disconnect.

Was it built in and then the cabinet constructed around it?

Any help would be appreciated.

BC

jbeletti

Bob,

Try this:

"If it's the unit with a full cabinet, from under TV (remove fireplace), there is a hole routed out. Using a flashlight, you can see 2 Allen set screws behind TV. These need to be loosened and then the bottom of TV can be swung forward and lifted off the bracket. There may be fascia on the sides of the TV that need to be removed also."

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Interesting! I would have never thought to take the fireplace out and look under the TV.

I might just see if I can get to it.

Thanks for the assistance.

BC