ATF: Road Warrior - 2011 Model Year Changes

SoCal69

I recently purchased a 305RW back in late December 2010. A couple of things that I've noticed from previous model years were the removal of certain features. One, being the removal of an amp. and sub-woofer to the stereo/dvd player to the current model. The other is the garage only containing one compartment for storage as opposed to the two that were offered previously. I figure this toy hauler to be geared more toward the 'luxury' brand based on some of its other features. So, my question being... why the removal of some of the higher end features and components?

tcbrady

Hi SoCal69,
yes, those are some of the items we removed but we added new features into the unit such as a higher end style of furniture, light board in U-Shape dinette slide with larger windows, towel hanger rod in bathroom, cherry wood refer fronts, light under awning, etc. We are always striving to deliver the most value for your investment and sometimes we take items out in order to put in new features that retail customer desire. Hope this helps with your question.
Best regards, Coley

rustyshakelford

I like the new dove tail box more that the double lid. It's the same size compartment just has a single door. If it had two I would be unable to use it when my rhino is in the garage. As it sits, the tires straddle the door so I can keep all my straps and chains put up but still have access if needed

Brett

SoCal69

Thanks for the responses. I researched quite a bit when looking for a toy hauler and believe the Heartland series was truly one of the elites. Fit and finish, feedback and features really made the sale. I do admit that I would like to have some of the other features available as maybe an option. (i.e....upgraded stereo, tv for garage, roll up carpeting, etc.). I know these are items that I can add, but nice to have the option during purchase.

Rob
P.S. That's good to know the storage in the dove tail is the same as with the double lid. I had thought originally it was a smaller compartment.

porthole

Retired
Any pictures of that Brett?

As to the amp and sub. They were replaced with a much more useful face frame and cabinet doors.