New Owner -NC 33 QBDS

Hello group, I purchased my first trailer/camper this past fall. I got the unique 2011 NC 33 QBDS model. I have not used it as of yet put have it on a seasonal site already (3 weeks till move in). I had it winterized by the dealer. Does anyone have a list of reverse winterization or should I say springized? Also does anyone have any recommendations for a new owner and also new to the trailer life? Any recommended must have purchases (I dont plan on moving the trailer).

ohman_stm

Looks like you have the same camper I do? - 331QBDS? Have you de-winterized yet? Here is a general to do list for the plumbing, and forgive me if some of this is unclear, I'm recalling from memory (also know there are a ton of good online resources for winterization and de-winterization):

1) Get electricity hooked up.

2) Put about 5 gallons or so of fresh water in your fresh water tank.

3) Make sure your pump is on, and go to each water source (kitchen sink, bathroom sink, shower, toilet) in your camper and turn both hot and cold on until you no longer see any of the pink anti-freeze. This effectively bleeds your lines of the antifreeze. Fill your fresh water tank again as needed. BTW, I prefer using the pump for this, just to ensure it's working condition for the camping season. Oh, and also locate your low point drain and turn it to the drain position.

4) Go to your exterior shower and do the same process as in step 3).

5) Now, turn off your water pump, and hook up your city water connection. Go back to all water sources, and run the water again.

6) Ensure your anode rod for your hot water heater is screwed in. This is located behind the hot water heater access panel on the exterior of your camper.

7) Locate your hot water heater. If you have the same camper I do, it's located under the stove - you'll see a panel with 4 screws, unscrew them, remove panel and hot water heater will be staring at you. Un-bypass the hot water heater - the knobs for the blue and red lines going into the hot water heater should be turned inline, to allow passage. The knob for the line connecting the red and blue should be turned perpendicular to the line, to block passage.

7) Let the hot water heater fill up. If you want to turn on your heater at this point to test the hot water, that's fine, I usually don't.

8) After the hot water heater tank is filled up (you can check by going to your kitchen sink and turning the hot water knob, and it's not spitting, should be a normal flow), disconnect your city water connection. Mix 1 cup of bleach to a gallon of water, and pour this mixture into your fresh water tank. I usually add another 5 gallons of water into my fresh water tank at this time as well.

9) Turn your water pump back on and go to each water source, turning on hot and cold until you smell the bleach in the water. This will sanitize your lines, hot water tank and fresh water tank. You can repeat this as many times as you need to get your lines sanitized, AND, get any residual anti freeze out of your camper. You'll know if there is still some left, when your water feels slimy.

10) Once you smell bleach in all lines, let it sit for 24 hours. After that, you can hook your city water connection back up and run water through all your lines until the bleach smell is gone.

11) Don't worry about your gray tank filling up. As long as you didn't get crazy with the water, it shouldn't be close to full.

12) Close your low point drain that you opened in Step 3).

Not sure what other areas your dealer covered with the winterization, but just go through all the working parts of the camper (stove, grill tops, frig, etc..) and make sure they work.

Hope this helps, and congrats and good luck with the new camper!

-Tom