Suggestions on a 5'ver tailgate

tdharley

I am lookin to purchase a 5'ver tailgate.

I was lookin for a white one to match the truck, but will go for a stainless one also.

I was lookin at the Husky.

newtailgate_sm.jpg

Anyone have one?

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
tdharley said:
I am lookin to purchase a 5'ver tailgate.

I was lookin for a white one to match the truck, but will go for a stainless one also.

I was lookin at the Husky.

newtailgate_sm.jpg

Anyone have one?
Not sure what brand I have but I got it on sale at camping world a couple of years ago. It works well. Sure hope it will fit my new truck.If I were going to buy again I would probably buy the molded plastic type.Reason,easier to handle and probably not as easily scratched as the steel painted kind. I think the stainless one might be nice though.

Tom of Ypsi

I have the molded black plastic one from Camping World made by Stromberg. I have used it for three years and it still looks like new. I will be keeping the Ford tailgate at my Bro-in-laws pole barn once the camping season is here hopefully in a couple of more weeks.

Midastouch

tdharley ...

I just got one of those Husky aluminum tailgates like you have pictured last month. Love it, looks great, fits perfect .... Looks better than the factory tailgate in my opinion.

trdeal

tdharley, just went to google and found the husky tailgate.Not a bad price.

Midastouch

FYI ... I ordered mine from AutoAnything and with an online coupon for 20% off (found online at one of those online coupon sites) I got it shipped to my house for free after that discount and it came by FedEx a few days after ordering, to my gate on a Saturday! Took the cables off the factory tailgate, added a few bushing that came with the new gate and it went right on, fits like custom, solid .... locks, looks great ... sorry I didn't get one sooner.

I slid the factory tailgate into the new tailgate box and stored it in the shop. I don't plan on taking that out until I trade the truck in ... (for a new F450:D ) I definately won't hold my breath on that deal! :(

Ron Schoner

Tin Star
Just ordered a RV Louvered Tailgate from Stromberg Carlison. From RVEXIT in Carthage MO. It is "Resin and Aluminum. As soon as it come in I will let everyone know how it looks and instills. Good price also $195.00.

Ron

BluegrassMan

Hi Guy's:
I'm not sure what brand mine is either. It was bought a Long time a ago from Camping World, it's not painted, it seems like a satin black anodized finish. It's so strong I can stand on it. I had aspirations of painting it to match the truck, nope never got around to it.

bsnider

BS & Ruth Ann
No lock

:eek: Most of these RV tailgates do not have locks. My first one was stolen. I now have added a couple of screws to make it harder to get off. Hopefully, the alarm will go off before they get the tailgate. :mad:

Midastouch

Locking tailgate

The "Husky" anodized aluminum tailgate has a lock and it's seems solid and works well! Although it was more than I initially wanted to spend, I decided I would leave that gate on indefinately and it looks great! I climb all over it when it's down, just like the factory tailgate.

tdharley

I ordered the Husky tailgae & matching headache rack from Auto Anything

Thanks for all your input

trdeal

tdharley said:
I ordered the Husky tailgae & matching headache rack from Auto Anything

Thanks for all your input
OK, I guess being a man, I should know this, but what is a headache rack?I do like the looks of the tailgate.

Tom of Ypsi

Terry,

A headache rack is the protective rack in the front of the bed of the truck, usually as tall as the truck itself or taller. It is suppose to stop shifting loads from coming through the cab and giving you a headache. You see these all of the time on flatbed semi trucks.

trdeal

Tom of Ypsi said:
Terry,

A headache rack is the protective rack in the front of the bed of the truck, usually as tall as the truck itself or taller. It is suppose to stop shifting loads from coming through the cab and giving you a headache. You see these all of the time on flatbed semi trucks.
Thanks Tom, Now I get the picture. I have seen them but just had not ever heard them called anything.

nhunter

Sometimes they get very close to trailer when backing up. Not so much a worry with long box, more so on short box. Same as fuel pumps on slip tanks.

tdharley

No I dont. But it sure makes the grandkids happy.

Happy grandkids make for a happy Pappy!

Parked in the sun is better than - Found On Road Dead - FORD... LOL

Just kiddin I loved my King Ranch, just could not hear over the motor noise or the hesitating transmission..