Extra Insulation

Dave

Traveling Two
I have a 2009 Sundance 3300SK and I'm thinking about adding extra insulation in the kitchen and living room floor. Next year we are planning to be in some fall and winter areas of the north east plus the extra insulation will help keep the unit cool in the summer and warm in the cooler nights. Has anyone added insulation to the underside and was it worth the effort? Thanks and be safe out there!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you have the time and energy, I would say go for it. Extra insulation never hurt anything. Good for heat/cold, as well as sound proofing.

Tankie

Dave,
I put insulation under my 3670RL when we where in Moses Lake, WA. it was below15 degree for 2 weeks. It did help, I still had my kitchen water lines freeze. I tapped into my back heater line to solvethe problem. You should also look into skirting and if any of your tanks are against the underbelly cover you might want to check into a tank heater. I had my gray freeze. Good luck.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave, I insulated our Horn with the 2" hard foam from lowes. Some constuction adhesive and dry wall screws (not too long) worked great. Some places I doubled up on the foam. But I also extended the underbelly heating flex tubing the the heater plenum all around the tanks and the frame by the water lines. Now with the heater on we have " radiant floor heating".