Extended Warranty

Snakebite

I just purchased a new Sundance 245RL (yesterday, 3-10-2011). My research convinced me that it was the best available in this size 5th wheel. Now I would like to purchase an extended warranty. Most of them really don't cover much more than the appliances, and or other easy things to fix or replace. What I am interested in are the things that I can not handle myself, Chassis breaks, siding cracks due to underlying frame breakage, roof replacement, pulling the front cap if needed. Things like this I just can not do myself. I have two close friends that have these problems right now. Chassis weilds breaking, causing the Aluminium frame to break and sway, causing the fiberglass side panels to crack. Don't think that this is common??? Then just spend a little time browsing the web. You will find that it is wide spread. The cost of repair is HUGE!

Just is just one more reason to buy a air/shock Pin box, such as 5th Airbourn or Trail Air. These cut down the stress significantly on the Chassis and Frame.

So.... anyone know who sells a warranty that covers Chassis, Frames, outer Skin, Roof replacement etc?

Thanks

Snakebite

jimtoo

Hi Snakebite,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure your going to get comments both ways about the extended warranty. You will need to read the fine print on what ever you buy, not just listen to the sales person.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Your Sundance is one of the strongest unit made, it's so short and so light you should have no need for a special hitch. The axels, brakes, springs are more than enough for the weight (6800lbs dry?). Look at the Heartland advertisment showing a full size Chevy pickup sitting on top of the unit. I don't know of any frame or body issue on the lighter, shorter XLT's. Mine has be flawless with no issues or need for a extra warrenty. You pay for repairs that haven't when buying an Extended Warrenty.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We have the Good Sam policy...cheaper and better than most. You might also look at their road hazard/towing policy also.