Kitchen Slide and Flooring changes?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Good morning!

I couldn't decide on the best venue for these questions so I am trying ATF. This is not critical information more of a curiosity on my part.

1. I have noticed the new floorplans appear to be going away from the large kitchen slides where they move over the island sink and counter like in our 3450TS in favor of the freestanding island and a smaller slide. Are there problems with this design that I might need to be aware of?

2. I have also noticed that the Beauflor wood pattern has been replaced for something different. Again, are there problems with this product that I should be aware of as to ward off any potential issues or was it a simple cosmetic change with the decor?

Thank you for your time! We really enjoy our Big Country. It is a beautiful rig that so far has performed perfectly!

Best Wishes!

gratton

Re: ATF: Big Country - BC Questions

As I have the same model I am waiting to see what the reply will be.

jimtoo

As a moderator and watching all the post that are made on the forum, I do not remember anyone posting or complaining of a problem with the slide or the flooring.

We personally did not like the flooring or that type of counter because the counter "locked you in" when you got behind it.,, just one way out. :)

Jim M

archbarb

Good morning!

I couldn't decide on the best venue for these questions so I am trying ATF. This is not critical information more of a curiosity on my part.

1. I have noticed the new floorplans appear to be going away from the large kitchen slides where they move over the island sink and counter like in our 3450TS in favor of the freestanding island and a smaller slide. Are there problems with this design that I might need to be aware of?

2. I have also noticed that the Beauflor wood pattern has been replaced for something different. Again, are there problems with this product that I should be aware of as to ward off any potential issues or was it a simple cosmetic change with the decor?

Thank you for your time! We really enjoy our Big Country. It is a beautiful rig that so far has performed perfectly!

Best Wishes!

Not sure about the first question because we have the 3250TS, but we were told at the Tampa Rv Show, that the newer floor seemed to wear better. We also have the same flooring as you and like it much better.

Archie

bacaye

We have the 3450TS and so far love the L shaped island as I call it. Since I do not have to complain that everyone is behind the island with me trying to help cook.. it is not a problem. I do love all the storage the L shape offers. So far we really like the flooring.
We did get to go through the 2012 Redwood that Thor has and would take the walk around island in a heartbeat. The reason being the huge pull out shelves the tall cabinet has. I would love to have those pull out shelves or even smaller ones in the BC now.. I do love all the counter space we have in our BC as it is now. I can not say you need to be worried about anything. We do have a little problem where the slide comes in over the counter. The rubber guard that acts a a seal when the slide goes in and out leaves a mark on the counter. Love our BC too.

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your post. Good questions.

In regard to island kitchen, we build several models with the kitchen counter return. 3510, 3595, 3450. The new 3650 has a stand alone island. This is a new floor plan. This latest floor plan has the largest kitchen slide Heartland makes. No worries here.

The new tile look beauflor is just that, just a look. The wood grain is just a pattern on the multi layered flooring. Same material, same wear pattern, just a new look. No concern here either.

I hope this answers your questions. Thank you again.

Rob_Fla

Not sure about the first question because we have the 3250TS, but we were told at the Tampa Rv Show, that the newer floor seemed to wear better. We also have the same flooring as you and like it much better.

Archie

It is my understanding that the floor quality and supplier is the same, just a different pattern. we too would like to know if there is any difference in the durablilty of the new style versus the old style since we are currently looking at a new Big Country and we are seeing both types of flooring at Dealers.

Robert & Debra

B

bwwalczak

No difference in durability. Just your preference.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders

Thank you for your post. Good questions.

In regard to island kitchen, we build several models with the kitchen counter return. 3510, 3595, 3450. The new 3650 has a stand alone island. This is a new floor plan. This latest floor plan has the largest kitchen slide Heartland makes. No worries here.

The new tile look beauflor is just that, just a look. The wood grain is just a pattern on the multi layered flooring. Same material, same wear pattern, just a new look. No concern here either.

I hope this answers your questions. Thank you again.

Thank you Bryan for taking the time to answer my questions! I appreciate your candor.

Best Wishes!