Our 2011 TrailRunner 27fqbs and modifications

TheWinklers

DSC01926.jpg DSC01927.jpg DSC01928.jpg DSC01929.jpg DSC01930.jpg we added a ladder and bedrail for our son, the door over the fridge to lessen the look of clutter, a tv on the bedroom side of the wall and just some small touches to make it our home away from home.

jimtoo

Hi Rob and Donna,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Your changes makes the Trail Runner "Your" home. Looks really good, nice wood work also.

Enjoy your toy and the forum.

Jim M

amp1683

Very nice modifications they look really good. I was curious what did you use at the top of the ladder to anchor it to the upper bunk. We have a Trail Runner 30FQBS that has the bunks in the back and I like the ladder idea you had, it would make it alot easier for our 3 1/2 year old daughter to get in and out of the top bunk. Right now it is me getting her out of the bunk, with the ladder she could do it on her own.

TheWinklers

it is actually a bunk bed ladder that a neighbor was getting rid of.. they are metal U shaped brackets that I"m sure you can get some of those metal braces at a hardware store and bend them.. if you have the light wood like ours... Cabots brand fruitwood stain matches wonderfully. I also used sticky felt on all of the brackets to keep them from scratching the wood on the side of the bunk.