Rodents

Does anyone know where to the target areas are to block rodents (mices especially) from entering the Big Horn. We have searched and blocked what we could visibly see, but they are still entering. Has anyone else had this problem and if so found areas that are visible to the negate eye:mad:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
WesleyJones, welcome to the forum. Ahh mices, they can be a nuisance. I have seen them go into a crack that was less than 1/4". So I suggest you get under the BH and look for any opening and seal it up. One member here made some rubber gasket type things to seal up around the slide hydraulic rams. Good idea. I think it was JohnDar. Check around you landing gear in front. You may be able to seal that up some how as well.

Peace
Dave

caissiel

We are using Black and Decker supersonic rodent units and been rodent free ever since. Also got rid off alll the squirrels in my garage and sheds at home.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I got the rubber flap idea from another member. Don't forget to seal the opening in the UDC where you feed the hoses and cables in. A disc made from 2" upholstery foam (scraps from JoAnn Fabrics), with a slit to the center, works like a charm. Again, another member's original idea.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Are mice an issue that I should be worried about? Going full time in the new coach soon. Never saw any evidence in our SOB.

Sealed all visible holes under belly, etc. Finally today, took the panel down in the cargo area (where water heater, pipes, etc). Large holes were in there which should not have been that big from factory and large holes cut around plumbing. Will fill those holes with insulation and steel wool and hopefully that will cut down on the smorgasboard that the mice are able to get to. Wish us luck.

JohnDar

Are mice an issue that I should be worried about? Going full time in the new coach soon. Never saw any evidence in our SOB.

They can be if they take up residence in the underbelly and chew on things. Once they get in there, getting into the coach itself is easy for them. The little buggers can do some damage, if they get the chance. Periodically look around the basement and inside cabinets, under the drawers. If you see black rice, you've got mice.

JohnDar

How about bringing along a few cats?View attachment 12316 :)))

We do, most of the time. They appear to have kept all but one out of the living spaces. The one intruder was found stiff, cold and dead near their bowls. Must have scared it to death. After plugging an ultrasonic pest deflector in under the kitchen counter over their bowls, and another in the basement, I didn't catch any more mice last summer. Checking on the trailer a few times over this past winter in storage, I didn't find any evidence of mice.

View attachment 12317View attachment 12318

letourno

Quebec Chapter Leader-retired
This is one big critter that was not scared by the cat... and it even knocked before coming in! Image_001a01cbe1f3$24f1a5b0$0a02a8c0@bellbmh2fdq3bf.jpg

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I bet you did not have to worry about rodents once that moved in! I bet the humans even moved out.