Cyclone Construction Details

Dirt1st

Scott, or anyone else at Heartland RVs - I have been looking through the Heartland website, and looked at the construction details shown for the Landmark and Bighorn 5ers. There was no detail provided for the Cyclones. Are the construction techniques for the Cyclone line similar to either the Lnadmark or Bighorn? I know that the interiors are markedly different, but I am interested in what is behind the interior walls, floors, and roof. Will there be some more information on the Cyclones posted in the future.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Scott

Actually, the sidewalls are exactly the same as the Bighorn with aluminum framing, block foam insulation and double layers of luan behind the fiberglass. The floor is the same as the Bighorn, with 2x3 wooden floor trusses, a blanket of fiberglass insulation, and covered with a one piece seamless decking. The Cyclone roof is like the Big Country, with wooden rafters, two blankets of fiberglass insulation, wood decking and a one-piece seamless rubber membrane.
There are some nice shots of the roof construction that have actually shown up on this forum recently, showing the wooden trusses and insulation. Maybe do a search for "wooden roof trusses" - or contact Jim Beletti who will know where to find them.
ST

jpmorgan37

Dirt1st;

Here is the link for the roof trusses: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=2199&highlight=roof+trusses

John

Sol

Scott said:
Actually, the sidewalls are exactly the same as the Bighorn with aluminum framing, block foam insulation and double layers of luan behind the fiberglass. The floor is the same as the Bighorn, with 2x3 wooden floor trusses, a blanket of fiberglass insulation, and covered with a one piece seamless decking. The Cyclone roof is like the Big Country, with wooden rafters, two blankets of fiberglass insulation, wood decking and a one-piece seamless rubber membrane.
There are some nice shots of the roof construction that have actually shown up on this forum recently, showing the wooden trusses and insulation. Maybe do a search for "wooden roof trusses" - or contact Jim Beletti who will know where to find them.
ST

Scott-

Within the last few days the Heartland website updated, it now has a clickable link in the Cyclone section entitled "Heartland Full Body Aluma- Structure Construction", if you clink on that link it shows photographs of all aluminum construction (specifically with regard to roof and floor), additionally a "Sundance" model appears in a center photograph. Is this an error, or have construction specs recently changed with regard to the Cyclone, and if the later - when did those changes take effect?

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
What's the real story?

Is the Cyclone built with all aluminum as the website appears to say or does it have wooden floor joists and roof trusses as Scott says?
What's the story of wood versus aluminum construction?
Thank
Capt. John :confused:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Who is correct?

:confused: Can someone tell me hoe a Cyclone is built? All aluminum or wooden floor and roof? I'm hearing two different stories.
Capt. John

Scott

Capt. John. My post above is correct. The different stories you are hearing are not coming from me - the factory.
As for some pages of the web site confusing people, I'm sorry that some pages that talk about aluminum construction have photos of various products - but some of our products do still have aluminum floors and roofs. I will get with our web guru and try to make sure that each of the 300+ pages on the site are gone through more thoroughly. As always, refer to the latest information and construction book downloads on our units and if you still have questions, contact our sales department at 574.262.5992.
Thanks.

Sol

Thank you Scott for finally responding with clarification. I've personally noted several inconsistancies on the website, and in the Cyclone brochure as well. Neither of which provide any detailed information regarding Cyclone construction.

Luckyhat12

Are there studs in the walls of the garages? I am looking to mount a tire rack to the wall and I don't know the best way to mount one up there. They are designed for 16" centers but I haven't had the trailer long enough to find out if there are wall studs or not.