TX to SC trip

mmomega

AnyTimer
So we're going to travel from DFW to Anderson, SC this summer and we've made the trip before...... basic I-20 to Atlanta then up 85N. We made the trip last year but I was rushing and did it in a day but we want to take our time maybe stretch it to 2-3 days.

Anyone have know of any cool parks off of 20 E that would be worth spending the night at ?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Not sure exactly where off I20 Stone Mountain Park (in Atlanta) is but have had many people say that there's a good campground in the park. Of course there's lot of stuff to do in Atlanta. Birmingham also has a park (I think it's Liberty Park) which has a small scale statue of Liberty. Been there and it's pretty neat.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Cool, thanks for the info. Now that you mentioned it I do remember Stone Mountain Park but I haven't been since I was probably 12.

mmomega

AnyTimer
We've actually changed our minds a little and may be leaving TX and heading almost to Chattanooga,TN and get a campsite around that area. Get up the next day and drive to Lynchburg to tour the JD distillery. So we'll have 1 half days in Chattanooga before heading to SC. Anyone from around that area with any "must see" or must eat at places? I tried looking for Diners, Drive-In's and Dives from FoodNetwork but everything filmed in TN was Nashville or Memphis.