Lightweight driving water

timk

If your rig is like mine, you need at least a third tank to keep the pump happy when traveling, to allow for off angle parking.

The other day I was thinking of ways to trim some weight and came up with an idea that worked out great.

If you have a long drive, and don't want to carry a lot of water, drain the fresh tank, flip the winterizing valves, and stick the hose in a five gallon jerry can. If you remove the lid to the diamond plate toolbox, the can fits great and wont move around. We can now travel and have our bathroom needs met by just a couple of gallons in the jerry can. And no more sucking air.

TimK

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
TimK-- everytime you guys come up with these new projects my DW adds them to my honey do list and it's already to long.:D DW has really got into readying all the posts and even been answering some so watch out she might make your honey do lists longer also. Nice work Tim--Ken

timk

Aw, come on Ken, this is an ez one. And think of the good feeling when you get to cross it off the list.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
timk said:
Aw, come on Ken, this is an ez one. And think of the good feeling when you get to cross it off the list.
The DW just read your post an walked off chuckling , don't now if that was good or bad yet. I guess if she adds more to my list shortly I'll know.:eek: Ken