satellite dish for a Road Warrior 395

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Don't know your trailer floor plan, but I bit the bullet and shelled out for a Directv Weingard HD full auto slimline, to replace my carry out dish. It's already saved a few arguments with the DW, compared to setting up manually.
The dealer installed it just aft of the bathroom vent but in front of the kitchen vent. Instead of drilling to clamp the cables from the dish to the coax nubs, they puddled some white sealant every 2 feet. I'm actually okay with it because it's less holes in the roof. The cables go to an area above the bedroom TV. Then there is a weatherproof low profile shroud where the cables go through the roof and it is heavily sealed with a white sealant.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Trace, it's too bad your dealer did not ask HL 1st before they installed the dome. Horns are per-wired for a dome. The coax's are in the BR by the speakers. I opted for the carry out dome because of trees that block the signal. Scraped the portable dish a long time ago.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Trace, it's too bad your dealer did not ask HL 1st before they installed the dome. Horns are per-wired for a dome. The coax's are in the BR by the speakers. I opted for the carry out dome because of trees that block the signal. Scraped the portable dish a long time ago.

Bob, That's where they went with the coax. The just mounted the dish further back in the middlie of the trailer instead of having it up front. With my second air and TV antenna, I guess it's a little crowded up there.

ANXO

So there is no prewire for roof mount sat dish. Is everybodies cables on the roof with a direct drop to the tv

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
As far as I know it is pre-wired for a dish/dome. Normally the cables are in the BR by a speaker. Call HL service and ask them...if anyone knows they would. I opted for the Winegrad #GM1518 portable only because if you park in trees you might not get a signal. This dome also has a ladder bracket you can buy and leave it on the ladder and/or remove it if you have to so you can get a signal. PM me if you want to get the best prices. BTW, the Socal Chapter is having a rally on April 8th and 9th in Anaheim and your more than welcome to join us. The info is on the right side of the Portal page under rallies. Bob