assembly line-29RLSB

duc106

Hi all. The wife and I have purchased a 29RLSB and it goes into production today Monday 3-14-11. We were wondering how long before it is actually completed and ready for shipment to the dealer? Thanks for your help.

Bob

jimtoo

Hi duc106,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think the actual build time is only a few days, 3-4, but the delivery time is what makes the wait so long. I have heard they have a shortage of delivery drivers, so the time is somewhere around 3 weeks I think. Maybe someone from the plant will see this and give us a better answer.

Meanwhile, enjoy the forum.

Jim M

B

bwwalczak

If the final assembly date is 3/14, then your new ElkRidge will be offline by the end of this week and ready to ship.

To track exactly, we would need the VIN (or last 6) assigned to the vehicle.

B

bwwalczak

Got your VIN. This vehicle has been in sub assembly (sidewalls / countertops / cabinets) for almost 2 weeks. The vehicle went into final assembly on 3/15. She should be offline by the end of the week. Transportation has been seasonally slow - which is normal. Macdonalds should be able to give you more details here.

We are going to make sure that your coach is built well. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to many happy years of enjoyment!

duc106

Bryan,

Thank you very much for your help. The wife and I can't wait for our new camper to arrive. This will be our third and we looked at every camper available in our area before choosing Elkridge. We feel this was the best value for the money and we have the utmost confidence in Macdonalds.

Thanks again
Bob

duc106

Bryan,

I think that someone at Heartland needs to look at quality control a little better. My unit was shipped with the following issues:

1. Water would not pump water nor did the storage compartment have an access panel to even get at this while camping.

2. Dinning room slide was 1" out at bottom when closed.

3. Gray tank #2 valve would not hold water.

4. Air mattress would not hold air overnight.

5. Guides for day/night shades were installed so far out of alignment that the screws pulled out of walls.

6. Paneling below cabinets/above sink cut short needs to be replaced.

7. Putty for filling 1/16" nails holes was put on approx 1'' X 2" and never cleaned up on the ceiling of slide, all corner moldings and cabinets.

8. Draw bottoms falling out, would never support a cement block as your brochure indicates.

9. Reclining chairs hit window frames cutting leather exposing hard backing which in turns cuts wall covering.

10. Slides do not have auto stop in/out, the motor will just grind. I don't understand this????

11. Exposed nail points inside of cabinets that can cut your hands.

I realize that evey camper will have a punch list, but this should have never left your factory with some of these items.

duc106

Bryan,

I don't understand that when I was purchasing this camper you replied to any of my questions within 24hrs. I have not received any communication from Heartland over these issues, also I sent an e-mail to customer service with no response.

On Friday 5/13/11 I went to the dealer to go over the punchlist and pick up the trailer. When we entered to trailer the exterior grab bar comes off the trailer. To my surprise where the top of the grab bar attaches to the trailer with 2 screws there were 8 holes in the camper from the factory. There was no wood blocking, nor did I see any insulation. Why would the installer do such a bad job? I know we have the human factor and who ever did this thought it would never be seen, 8 holes for 2 screws?????? This was the straw the broke the camels back.

The dealer is standing behind the sale and making everything ok. Without any help from Heartland.

THANK YOU HEARLAND FOR TAKING MY MONEY AND NOT STANDING BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

bwwalczak

We do our best to monitor the owners forum, however I have not followed this thread in detail, until today. Please be assured I am watching now.

I cannot explain why Heartland customer service has not contacted you.

One of my first priorities tomorrow morning is to call Macdonalds RV and find out why any vehicle was not reinspected (at the least), nor pre delivery inspected. I agree that some of the items you mentioned are incorrect from the factory, but this is the SOLE reason we work with dealers, to insure that your product is delivered carefully and without defect. Many of the items listed above should have been diagnosed during a dealership inspection prior to delivery. Your dealer did not even have this vehicle in stock - it was ordered specifically for you. The least they could have done was to inspect or reinspect and remedy.

It is now my priority first thing Monday morning to contact the dealer principle at MacDonalds RV. Heartland stands behind all our products. These situations are very rare, but when encountered, it had much influence from the dealer. Secondly, I will call Heartland service department and find the complete history of contact between Macdonalds RV. I trust that through my limited two step investigation I will get closer to better serving all our customers.

Just so I understand this correctly, your coach was at the dealership for an extended period of time and the grab bar just came off? Also, you stated there was no insulation - in the laminated wall? Please reply to me directly at bryanw@heartlandrvs.com

olcoon

duc106
We have a 27RLSS, same floor plan as yours, except we don't have the BR slide. We've had several issues with ours in the year we've owned it. Sometimes I think it was at the dealers more than in our driveway or on the road. As far as the recliners, we also had some damage to ours, and damage to the walls from the recliners hitting them. I really can't blame Heartland for this, but feel that the transporter may be at fault for not storing them properly, however he may not have even looked in the rig, just hauled it as Heartland turned it over to him. Hopefully (especially now that the warranty has expired) the bugs have been worked out & we can hit the road somewhat trouble free. Since this is your 3rd RV I'm sure you know what to do with it, this is our first & we've got a lot to learn. Good luck & I hope you can get everything worked out and have no more problems.